Problems with EZ Check

Meena

Would this be worth it as myself, granddaughter and daughter

would be charged 20.00 dollars a piece plus my self and daughter have 2 bags @piece, my granddaughter has 1. That comes to a total of $160.00 dollars. We are flying from ft.lauderdale to boston on jet blue.

Any comments or ideas.

Thank you

Would this be worth it as myself, granddaughter and daughter

would be charged 20.00 dollars a piece plus my self and daughter have 2 bags @piece, my granddaughter has 1. That comes to a total of $160.00 dollars. We are flying from ft.lauderdale to boston on jet blue.

Any comments or ideas.

Thank you

Jet Blue has now started charging for the first checked bag, so it depends on when your reservation was made if your first bags will be free or not.

Only you can decide if $160 (assuming free first bag) is worth not having to collect your luggage in the port terminal, get it to a taxi, and then check it in yourself at the airport.

Do remember that if you are using EZCheck, all of your carryon items must not contain TSA forbidden liquids/gels, so remember to pack them in your EZCheck luggage. You do not want your toothpaste, cosmetics, etc. confiscated by the TSA.

Edited by caribill

EZ Check is wonderful. I wish they had it at more airports. I'd use it every time. I've been cruising out of Los Angeles lately and it's no longer offered from San Pedro. Once in FLL, I used it and then took an offer to give up my seat. I stayed in a hotel and went back to the airport the next day. Next day, I was offered the same thing and went back to the hotel for another night. Next day, I finally flew home. My suitcase was safely secured in my home airport. No worries. Also, I have used it many times on Delta and never had a problem with not being checked in.

hi Joan

Yes, we flew home on Tues the 17th of Feb with United Airlines from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver via Houston.

Thank you! We'll have to look at United again. Usually we use either Delta or Air Canada as they have more flights from here (and United has been known to cancel flights if they thought the weather was too cold!)

Joan

Only problem we have had is signing up for the service and then not getting it. No tags were dropped off on last night and finally had to go down to mob at customer service desk to get normal departure tags.

Hi,

Does this mean we can use any on board credit to pay for this? I think we are going to have some extra on board credit that is non refundable, this might be a great way to use it up...better to use it, than lose it!

I wrote about it in my blog and copied the form that they sent to our cabin for it. Here is what was told to us in the form.

Here is the form.

Do you want to avoid collecting your baggage on the pier and bypass check-in at the airport?

In partnership with Bags Inc Shipboard Airline Check-In Service. Expedite your departure from Fort Lauderdale or Miami Airport following your cruise as you will no longer need to check in at the airport.

For a nominal fee of $20 (plus any baggage fees as imposed by your airline of departure), your boarding passes will be issued onboard during the last evening of the cruise and in Port Everglades your luggage will be transported directly to the aircraft.

Requirements to participate in this service:

Flights must be with a participating Airline. The connection flight can be operated with a different airline as long as the reservation is on the same record locator number.

All flights must depart after 11:30 am from FLL airport or 2:00 pm from MIA airport with no flights departing later than midnight on the day of our arrival.

Service fee listed below. And additional airline baggage fees (as determined by the Airlines), will also be charge to your shipboard account.

EZ Check Fee is $20.

Participating Airlines: American Airlines, bag 1 $25 bag 2 $35; Delta Airlines – Domestic Flights, bag 1 $25 bag 2 $35; Jet Blue (FLL airport only) bag 1 no charge, bag 2 $50; United Airlines bag 1 $25, bag 2 $35; US Airways bag 1 $25, bag 2 $35; Southwest Airlines (FLL airport only) bag 1 and 2 no charge.

Benefits of this service:

Your luggage will be checked in direct to your flight

You will not need to check in at the airport as you will already have been issued your airline boarding passes and airline luggage tags on the ship, proceed directly to security.

If your flight departs late and you wish to explore Port Everglades or Miami, you can do so without the worry of carrying your bags.

No airline Overweight baggage fees if you participate onboard only.

If you meet all of the above requirements:

Complete the registration information on the reverse of this form.

Please be aware that this service is provided by the airline listed above and on occasions, they may experience difficulties in processing some passenger’s airline records preventing the ability to print boarding passes and luggage tags on board. In these cases, it will be necessary for passengers to check-in person at the airport. Should this situation arise you will be notified as soon as possible. You should also be aware that upon arrival in our disembarkation port, Customs may choose to examine your luggage, which will be done in your presence.

Another huge fan of EZ check! To have your bags leave from outside your cabin door and then see them on the baggage carousel when you land at your home airport is the BEST! The $20/person fee is also one of the best expenditures you can make while on your cruise.

We have used EZcheck twice successfully. Unfortunately, it was not offered when we cruised on the Pacific Princess, which was disappointing.

:D

Yes.

You will get the form to sign up early in the cruise. Return it ASAP to the designated Desk. You may need to show them your flight confirmation.

When you disembarkation labels arrive, they will be for this service.

You should also get the last evening your flight boarding passes.

Remember that not all airlines participate and at FLL the flights cannot be before 11:30 AM.

We are interested in using this in Seattle. Where do you get the form to sign up? Is it at one of the desks or in your cabin?