Trying to get to the Breeze!

Jenhem31

Dive further south and catch a flight.

Not a good idea when the roads are bad and there are snow emergencies in place. The weather should break later today, allowing snow plows a chance to get the snow cleared away. OP, I'm sure you'll make it in time.;)

Not a good idea when the roads are bad and there are snow emergencies in place. The weather should break later today, allowing snow plows a chance to get the snow cleared away. OP, I'm sure you'll make it in time.;)

Yeah the choice for south would be CVG (Cincinnati). Worst airport to try to get out of. No choices from CVG. Not sure what the roads are like from Columbus to Cincinnati. I'd stay put and pray. And go to the airport as soon as they open in the morning. Be first in line. I'd be there by 5:00 a.m.

Did you have a connection through a southeastern airport (Nashville/Atlanta/etc.)? Because that's probably your problem. We've been dealing with significant ice and snow since Monday. Here in Knoxville, we hit above freezing (a whooping 35 degrees) at 6 pm tonight for the first time since Sunday morning. Everything has been pretty well shut down almost all week here. I really hope you were able to make your cruise!

Did you have a connection through a southeastern airport (Nashville/Atlanta/etc.)? Because that's probably your problem!

The Atlanta airport didn't have any ice or snow. The freezing line was just north of the city.

Did you have a connection through a southeastern airport (Nashville/Atlanta/etc.)? Because that's probably your problem. We've been dealing with significant ice and snow since Monday. Here in Knoxville, we hit above freezing (a whooping 35 degrees) at 6 pm tonight for the first time since Sunday morning. Everything has been pretty well shut down almost all week here. I really hope you were able to make your cruise!

How are the roads in Knoxville now? We are heading home and plan to stop there tonight.

How are the roads in Knoxville now? We are heading home and plan to stop there tonight.

I'm sorry that I didn't see this reply until now (this lovely weather has created a sinkhole right next to my house...), but, as I'm sure you've already figured out, the interstates and primary surface streets are back to normal. Secondary streets thawed out quite a bit today but may still have some slushy accumulations that will refreeze tonight when the temperatures drop again.

I'm sorry that I didn't see this reply until now (this lovely weather has created a sinkhole right next to my house...), but, as I'm sure you've already figured out, the interstates and primary surface streets are back to normal. Secondary streets thawed out quite a bit today but may still have some slushy accumulations that will refreeze tonight when the temperatures drop again.

That is ok. We are about 65 minutes away from Knoxville. So tired and ready to get out of the van. Thank you.