Stargazing

ibfern

We did this many years ago on a Princess cruise.

The guest lecturer was an astronomer and he gave some lectures that lead up to it and one clear evening a group of us went up to the very top deck (I remember he opened a gate that said "crew only" and we all went up some steps to that deck.) The captain turned out all the lights and we all got to look through the lecturer's telescope.

I couldn't tell you what ship, what itinerary or what year but I'll never forget the experience itself!

I was able to get "Star Walk" downloaded on my Galaxy 8 and can hardly wait for a clear night to check it out! ;) There will be plenty of opportunities for watching the stars on the 28 day H,S&T cruise this Oct.!!!! :D :eek:

Hi eek,

The cool thing is that you don't even need a clear night! You can lie in your bed and point.

The coolest part that happened for me (we had an astronomer lecturer on that Celebrity cruise) was seeing "sparks shooting off of Lyra. He said it was constant..hope I have the name right.

We were on an eastbound TA MID WAY at the time. It was on the starboard side about 11 o'clock...

I was able to get "Star Walk" downloaded on my Galaxy 8 and can hardly wait for a clear night to check it out! ;) There will be plenty of opportunities for watching the stars on the 28 day H,S&T cruise this Oct.!!!! :D :eek:

Is Star Walk like Google Sky? We use that all the time.