Celebrity Summit Veranda Stateroom Question

suntan

The weather outside is frightful (snow snow and more snow :mad:) so I've been looking at past passengers videos of their cruises to Bermuda. My question to those who have sailed on the Summit is this: we are a party of 3 - do the "regular" veranda staterooms have a sofa bed in them as opposed to the bed that comes down from the ceiling, or should we focus on the family veranda staterooms? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

The weather outside is frightful (snow snow and more snow :mad:) so I've been looking at past passengers videos of their cruises to Bermuda. My question to those who have sailed on the Summit is this: we are a party of 3 - do the "regular" veranda staterooms have a sofa bed in them as opposed to the bed that comes down from the ceiling, or should we focus on the family veranda staterooms? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

You can find the deck plans with the info for individual cabins online. I can't mention travel agent names, but if you search online for the 90 day ticker, you can find ship info and deck plans with the information about upper berths and sofa beds for each cabin.

We are going to be in a veranda cabin (2C) on the Penthouse deck on the Summit, and our cabin states that it has an upper berth and a convertible sofa bed.

For what it's worth, many people prefer the upper berth because when the sofa bed is open, it makes is very difficult to get to the balcony.

We are a family of 3 and get a concierge cabin. Specifically C1 aft for the extra large balcony. It has a sofa bed. Cruised on the summit in 2013 and will be going again this August.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'll be sending our travel agent an email tonight to look into the staterooms for us. I will also check on those concierge cabins. We haven't picked our date in August yet but TallJerseyGirl we may meet you on the cruise if we choose the same date.:)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'll be sending our travel agent an email tonight to look into the staterooms for us. I will also check on those concierge cabins. We haven't picked our date in August yet but TallJerseyGirl we may meet you on the cruise if we choose the same date.:)

Hi there

I have been on the Summit 3 times, all 3 in Concierge with veranda. I think our room was 8079. Anyway, unless one of the 3 of you is a small child, I'd highly suggest the family room. These rooms are SMALL even in Concierge. You open that sofa and you wont be able to walk around. Let alone get to the veranda.

Even in an overhead bed, these rooms are small. Go for the bigger room, you'll be happy you did :-)

BTW, have fun, Summit is my favorite ship!

You might also want to consider looking at the 'sweet 16' cabins. On deck 6 there are 8 on each side with a double size balcony for no extra money. We had 6030, half the balcony can be seen from above but the other half is covered. Great location and no noise. There was a sofa bed but I believe there was also a ceiling bed.

If you Google using 'images' you will find the sweet 16 cabins. When I booked with Celebrity agent she kept insisting that it was an obstructed view cabin but after looking at pictures and reading on these boards I went ahead and booked it. No regrets.