Just back from the westerdam

pamssanity

we just returned from a terrific week on the Westerdam ( cabin 6080). We had terrific stewards and ate in the anytime diningroom with Civy and Agung as terrific waiters. Andrew is the assistant diningroom manager. So terrific. More than willing to answer any and all questions.

• Like 1

Glad you had a good time. We'll be boarding her soon, and looking forward to seeing her again! (Last time was 10 years ago!) How did you find the physical plant, airconditioning, etc. We have ordered a fan for the room, just in case...

Glad you had a good time. We'll be boarding her soon, and looking forward to seeing her again!

I fondly remember the Westerdam too, just not THAT Westerdam. My first cruise was in 2000 aboard he Westerdam, but I guess that ship is out of service.

It was my first cruise and I was blown away at how big it seemed at the time. Now I realize it's a little bitty thing compared to today's ships. :)

Welcome Back. Happy to read you seem to have had a wonderful cruise on Westerdam. :)

Thanks, I was told by an experienced cruiser on that cruise that I had a very good cruise for my first cruise. To top it off, it had a country music theme and country performer Juice Newton along with BJ Thomas performed on the ship that week. 8 cruises later and I've never seen any "name" entertainers on a ship.

Also being a smaller ship, it was more intimate and seems like we go to know the crew. Again I've never experienced that familiarity since.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

We were on that cruise too!  Went with another couple on that cruise because she was a huge fan of BJ Thomas.  She was in the front row and didn't leave her seat between shows so she had a good spot for the 2nd show too.  She missed dinner, so I brought her a tray with prime rib dinner that I had the waiter put together.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:10 AM, parrotfish66 said:

We were on that cruise too!  Went with another couple on that cruise because she was a huge fan of BJ Thomas.  She was in the front row and didn't leave her seat between shows so she had a good spot for the 2nd show too.  She missed dinner, so I brought her a tray with prime rib dinner that I had the waiter put together.

I was lost with your response until I saw you responded to an 8 yo thread. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2015 at 2:17 PM, Vict0riann said:

Glad you had a good time. We'll be boarding her soon, and looking forward to seeing her again! (Last time was 10 years ago!) How did you find the physical plant, airconditioning, etc. We have ordered a fan for the room, just in case...

You can order a fan from the ship to be delivered to your room? 

On 2/24/2015 at 12:38 PM, ghjcmo said:

I fondly remember the Westerdam too, just not THAT Westerdam. My first cruise was in 2000 aboard he Westerdam, but I guess that ship is out of service.

It was my first cruise and I was blown away at how big it seemed at the time. Now I realize it's a little bitty thing compared to today's ships. 🙂

That Westerdam was big -- and had been stretched after HAL bought it. It was a totally different design from other HAL ships (eg no Crow's Nest), and was my first cruise, too. I sailed on her three times, the last being her final HAL cruise.

2 hours ago, 2024jdl said:

You can order a fan from the ship to be delivered to your room? 

Yes, order it ahead of time.  If we’re going somewhere hot, I like having one in the room .  It doesn’t always appear though, I have had to remind the steward on occasion.