Freefall slides....Getaway/Breakaway vse Disney Magic

Mirrasi

I've been on the Disney Magic Aquadunk which looks exactly like the freefall on the Getaway. But the Aquadunk doesn't use those back thingies. So I was just wondering if anyone here had experienced both and could say what the difference was. You certainly didn't need anything on your bank for the Aquadunk. Do you NEED it for the Freefall?

I have not experienced either yet but there are tons of videos on YouTube and different blogs about the free fall which shows people using the back thing and not using it. I remember one reviewer thought it was better with it and another said it was better without it.

Edited by tnd2252

The back boards are now optional. On my Breakaway cruise you were required to wear the board, on my Getaway cruise the board were optional.

Also note, on the Breakaway you could wear rash guard shirts for the free fall slide but on the Getaway they made us take them off.

Make sure your bathing suit has no metal grommets on the pockets or zippers, they will not let you on the slide with them.

I guess Ill have to do the comparison :D

The slides look completely identical from what I can see.

Haven't been on the Magic one but have seen videos. We went on BA just about a year ago and went on the slides over and over while in port. The ones on BA didn't require the back thing. They would suggest it though - e.g. our DD went down the first time and got stuck by the loop/turn. Her suit had some extra fabric on the back so they suggested she use the board. From there on out she only used it that one time and never got stuck again.

They don't allow any jewelry and they have a scale up there - have to be at least 100#.

No backboard needed or even offered on the Breakaway in October. The free fall slides were AWESOME!!! Just don't forget to cross your legs once you start the drop. :eek:

I plan to use the back board, cross my legs, hold my nose and close my eyes. Have I missed anything? :eek:

I will not get on a scale, definitely over 100 here. :rolleyes: