Carnival steakhouse questions

tea4ular

First night steakhouse questions.

1. The "free" wine...I don't drink but my friend does. Is it a "bottle" of wine & would she be able to have any leftovers sent to the MDR for other dinners?

2. She would like to know if there can be an order of more than one entree per person (like in the MDR)?

3. If we opted for the first night does that mean we could dress more casually?

Thanks in advance!

You can choose only one main course, but you can have unlimited sides (and I think apps, too, but don't quote me on it). I personally love the filet, and the wasabi mashed potatoes are out of this world. The creamed spinach is delish, too.

Believe me, she won't want more than one dish. The servings are not skimpy, unlike the MDR. I'm usually stuffed to the point of almost being in pain when I leave. I usually get the French onion soup, the Portobello mushroom appetizer, either the filet or the lamb, the wasabi mashed potatoes and creamed spinach, and then the ice cream for desert (since I'm absolutely stuffed at that point). The bread they serve is wonderful, too, especially the rosemary focaccia.

You can choose only one main course, but you can have unlimited sides (and I think apps, too, but don't quote me on it). I personally love the filet, and the wasabi mashed potatoes are out of this world. The creamed spinach is delish, too.

Believe me, she won't want more than one dish. The servings are not skimpy, unlike the MDR. I'm usually stuffed to the point of almost being in pain when I leave. I usually get the French onion soup, the Portobello mushroom appetizer, either the filet or the lamb, the wasabi mashed potatoes and creamed spinach, and then the ice cream for desert (since I'm absolutely stuffed at that point). The bread they serve is wonderful, too, especially the rosemary focaccia.

agreed but last time didnt think the bread was so good, soggy crusts

Make sure you see them label the left over wine with your name and cabin #. The last time my extra wine got discarded by mistake.

You will also receive the free bottle of wine in the steakhouse when it is the first elegant night in the MDR. This is usually the second night on most sailings.

I usually ask for appetizers because they are so good. I have never been turned down.:cool:

I'm looking at doing the steakhouse on the Dream in August, and I have a few questions also.

1. It doesn't say anything about a free bottle of wine. Is that only included if you have the Cheers program?

2. Are the appetizer and side portions large? Pretty much all of the apps sound amazing. If they are small portions, my husband and I would possibly order 2 each and share so that we could have the opportunity to try several.

3. If you don't finish your meal, can you take it back to your cabin to have later? I know those last 2 questions sound kind of crazy together, but 18oz of steak is a lot bigger than what we typically order when we go out.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I am a big eater and I have no trouble finishing my meal including dessert but I have seen other people have their leftovers and dessert wrapped up to go. The cabin refrigarators. are very small so you may have to take out the contents to fit the food. Enjoy.:cool:

We were able to take our dessert to go on the Valor. We tried to decline dessert bc we were stuff but they insisted we took something to go. It was sooo nice that we are doing the first and last night at the Steakhouse this time.

I recently read a post here that indicated 50% off a bottle if you didn't like the house red or white but I'm not sure how often that is