I feel for everyone...

theriac

My ship is in Langkawi, Malaysia today. There is nothing this nice in the Caribbean.

We are in Penang, Malaysia tomorrow. There is nothing that nice in the Caribbean.

We are in Singapore the next day. There is nothing that nice in North America.

I already live in China part of the year.

My Winter house on Hainan Island is nicer than most you can find in the Caribbean - with zero crime and no taxes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person thinks is nice another person hates for a million reasons, and vice versa. Have fun on all of your journeys.

I guess it comes down to the fact that we are all different. For all sorts of reasons we have different preferences.

My dear sister lives in NJ. She & her husband rent the same house on the Jersey Shore for two weeks every summer. They have rented it for 25 years or so. They love it. My wife and I would hate it. We love going different places. We have sailed to the 6 continents.

I am very lucky living a half hour north of Port Everglades and an hour north of Miami. Having said that I will be flying to Barcelona next week to start a month long cruise that ends in Rome and I will be flying home. However, one of my daughters is a flight attendant so I fly fairly cheap. I am one luck guy!

I live close to many ports here in Florida so it's always easy to take a nice cruise fairly cheap in price whenever I can, but I'm starting to expand my cruise destinations as well. I'm going to Alaska in 2.5 months and then sailing the med in late 2016. As I previously stated I'm moving to China later this year so I'm also going to be doing lots of land travel through that region.

BruceMuzz I have a question while I'm living in China what cruise line would your recommend to sail to all the beautiful ports you speak of? I'm going to have 8 weeks paid vacation so I really do want to explore the area as much as I can. I have planned time in Japan, Thailand, and Cambodia so that will still leave me 4 or 5 weeks to explore. I'm open to any line but am really interested in sailing with Voyages to Antiquity while they're in Asia but would like to get your thoughts with all of your experience in the Area. Also I am planning on a 36 hour layover in the UAE what are some things I shouldn't miss?

Thanks if you can come back with some answers. I really want to make the most of my time there encase I don't renew a contract to stay there an additional year

Paul I agree I couldn't do the same thing for that long either. I have a friend whose family rents a cottage in North Carolina every summer for 2 weeks and I always comment on how bored I would be doing thag.

My ship is in Langkawi, Malaysia today. There is nothing this nice in the Caribbean.

We are in Penang, Malaysia tomorrow. There is nothing that nice in the Caribbean.

We are in Singapore the next day. There is nothing that nice in North America.

I already live in China part of the year.

My Winter house on Hainan Island is nicer than most you can find in the Caribbean - with zero crime and no taxes.

To be in such Paradise, why do you ever leave to sail the lesser islands of the Caribbean? : :D

I fully agree about first class. ;) DH and I always chose to use miles or spend the extra cash in order to be reasonably comfortable. Of course, it's mostly Asian airlines that have true first class anymore...... not like it used to be.. :)

(I hope the guests aboard know enough to not have chewing gum in Singapore).

Edited by sail7seas