Where the locals eat for a great dinner in Old San Juan

Cinderellie

I'm thinking my husband and I will try Punto de Vista. I like a meal with a view. Do you think I should make reservations? I'm kind of up in the air about the time but would nail it down if I felt I needed to.

Cindy

Tried to make reservations as well as we are a 'group' of about 8 - and it seems they don't take reservations! :(

we may still take our chances and of course have a backup plan!

Tried to make reservations as well as we are a 'group' of about 8 - and it seems they don't take reservations! :(

we may still take our chances and of course have a backup plan!

We ate at Punto de Vista during our cruise a week or so ago. Had a great meal! We went fairly early - 5:00 or 5:30 on a Saturday and had no problem getting a seat.

Cindy

We ate at Punto de Vista during our cruise a week or so ago. Had a great meal! We went fairly early - 5:00 or 5:30 on a Saturday and had no problem getting a seat.

Cindy

thanks for the info and recommendation! We won't be heading out til around 8 pm or so - and I think we will ask hotel to call ahead before we leave to ask about 'space' and can use Plan B if required! :)

I'm not a fan of Barrachina.

I like the Parrot Club for lunch (or just to stop in at happy hour for a mojito).

I loved La Bombanera and now Cafeteria Mallorca for breakfast or lunch.

Have had dinner at Punta de Vista before the move and thought it was very good. Next time I stay in San Juan, I may try Hotel Milano.

Ate at Orozcos last Halloween (early evening). It was excellent.

So I now have places in Condado and OSJ that I like to visit. I'll be there in about three weeks for a day stop and trying to figure out all the places I need to stop and eat/drink. :D

I'm not a fan of Barrachina.

I like the Parrot Club for lunch (or just to stop in at happy hour for a mojito).

I loved La Bombanera and now Cafeteria Mallorca for breakfast or lunch.

Have had dinner at Punta de Vista before the move and thought it was very good. Next time I stay in San Juan, I may try Hotel Milano.

Ate at Orozcos last Halloween (early evening). It was excellent.

So I now have places in Condado and OSJ that I like to visit. I'll be there in about three weeks for a day stop and trying to figure out all the places I need to stop and eat/drink. :D

Thanks for the 'feedback' Joan - sounds as if we like some of the same spots? Waiting to hear about this visit upon your return - have fun :D:D

Hi Froufie!

It's so much work trying to figure out how to fit so many meals and drinks and sightseeing into one day! ;)

LOL - I agree - we will be there about 3 days precruise - and trying to fit in all the yummy meals/drinks might be challenging but I am up for it :D:D

I have lists upon lists and have already signed up for the flavors of san juan walking tour - can't wait - I am salivating already!;)

Let us know how you make out!

• 2 weeks later...
LOL - I agree - we will be there about 3 days precruise - and trying to fit in all the yummy meals/drinks might be challenging but I am up for it :D:D

I have lists upon lists and have already signed up for the flavors of san juan walking tour - can't wait - I am salivating already!;)

Let us know how you make out!

What is 'the flavors of san juan'?

I heard that Punta de Vista does not take reservations. Does anyone know how long a typical wait is on a weekday in the winter?

I would hope that during the week it won't be too busy? You can always try and call ahead to see how busy they are? Otherwise just relax and have a pre-dinner mojito (or 2?) whleyou wait for a table?

We will be there in November so I can post about our experience when we return! Hoping it all works out .... :)