American Table

springs741

Hello everyone. Has anyone heard when the American table will go fleet wide?

They have been "tweaking" the menu for quite some time now. One of our servers, an 18 years Carnival employee, said he heard it was going to roll out by June. I am not wanting to spread rumors but am just sharing what I was told.

Does anyone else have any information?

How many ships don't have it? I am hoping the Valor have it when I go on her in May but not expecting it to happen.

all of them except glory, liberty, breeze, imagination and inspiration. they're the only ones with it at the moment.

I think its great. I know before we went on Glory last October I heard a lot of people complain about it and I was a little worried. But really didn't even notice. Also we didn't have to share appetizers either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I really enjoyed the new menu on the glory. I did miss some regular menu items but the entree based on flavors of the port of the day was a nice touch. I also liked the place settings without the table cloth except on elegant nights. Very clean.

During the Chef's Table last week on the Pride, the chef said the Pride would have by the end of the year. He briefly discussed the process of guest feedback and creation of the menus.

I'm glad they have listened to the people concerning this and have adjusted the program. From what I heard when it first rolled out, it was just awful but after experiencing it last month on the imagination, it is actually a pretty welcome change. I like the stuff they have added to the menu and although I don't like that they have done away with, like certain dessert options, most of the classics are still there. Appetizers are still individually served, ordering from the menu is the same for entrees and desserts. I do miss the tablecloths and that stupid bottle of wine on the table just gets in the way but it's not terrible. I didn't think much of the "port of call" thing but I guess it varies from ship to ship and destination to destination. I like that they offer ribs on a different night than lobster and prime rib now also and from what I saw, everyday options like flat iron steaks are much better with the American table but maybe that was just the person cooking the steak on this ship lol. Overall it's not bad if the rest of the ships have anything similar to the imagination and it is a refresh that let's face it, carnival did desperately need. They have made a believer out of a skeptic like me.

I really enjoyed the new menu on the glory. I did miss some regular menu items but the entree based on flavors of the port of the day was a nice touch. I also liked the place settings without the table cloth except on elegant nights. Very clean.

I actually found it to clutter the table too much. Too much decoration for me. I just want to eat food, if I wanted all that extra atmosphere I would go to the steakhouse every night. That is one of my few complaints about the program. I also didn't see that the port of call thing really lined up well with where we went but if done correctly, could be really good. I actually like the changes granted all ships are like the imagination in how it was rolled out and I wasnt sure I would at first. I guess the set dining times and the anytime dining setups are the same also as my experience was with the anytime dining.