Problem with OBC on Quantum

Newatt

I am on QOS right now. I took advantage of an on-line special offered by RCCL. Buy three specialty dinners and get 30% off. I paid $95 in advance. Now that I am on board, I'm being told that the offer was only for 20% off. Guest services is telling me that they can't do anything.

I would like to cancel the whole thing and get a total refund - before I leave the ship. I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants yet. Guest services said they can't help me with that either. They are emailing someone in financial services.

Does any one have any suggestions? I should have done a screen print of the offer, but I didn't think I would need that.

I'm having a great time, but I'll be happier if I get my $95 back!

I am on QOS right now. I took advantage of an on-line special offered by RCCL. Buy three specialty dinners and get 30% off. I paid $95 in advance. Now that I am on board, I'm being told that the offer was only for 20% off. Guest services is telling me that they can't do anything.

I would like to cancel the whole thing and get a total refund - before I leave the ship. I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants yet. Guest services said they can't help me with that either. They are emailing someone in financial services.

Does any one have any suggestions? I should have done a screen print of the offer, but I didn't think I would need that.

I just did some quick research on the board (since I haven't done the full-blown thing, just one restaurant, and the OBC was there immediately), and it looks like 20% is the offer.

The document I have says 20% for 3 dinners:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

It could be another one of those deals where they actually said "up to" 30%, using microscopic type for the "up to" part.

Ah, there it is. Yes, you would only get THIRTY percent if you had five or more.

P.S. The specialty restaurants on the Quantum are fantastic!

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face! (as my grandfather used to say)

:)

Currently on QOS also and pre-booked and paid for 5 specialty restaurants. I am being told that the OBC wouldn't come back to you till you have dined at all of the restaurants due to the fact that you can always cancel a restaurant before you dine in it. Makes sense to me but i am honestly not holding my breath...we shall see.

Edited by bajathree

OP, I hope your situation gets resolved and you get to enjoy the Specialty restaurants.

I have a question here about Specialty Restaurant as well. Hope someone here can answer:

We will be on QOS in March and we have booked Jamie's Restaurant. We are a family of four. Our kids are 9 and 4. The online booking required full payment of all four of us as adults. But my understanding is that the kids should be charge less, and my youngest one free. My question is: How can I get the overpaid money back? Do I tell the restaurant after that meal and ask them to refund it as on-board credit or something? Anyone has experience? :confused:

I only got 20% for 3 dinners. the rest is 25% for four and 30% for five. I believe the banner said up to 30%.

OP, I hope your situation gets resolved and you get to enjoy the Specialty restaurants.

I have a question here about Specialty Restaurant as well. Hope someone here can answer:

We will be on QOS in March and we have booked Jamie's Restaurant. We are a family of four. Our kids are 9 and 4. The online booking required full payment of all four of us as adults. But my understanding is that the kids should be charge less, and my youngest one free. My question is: How can I get the overpaid money back? Do I tell the restaurant after that meal and ask them to refund it as on-board credit or something? Anyone has experience? :confused:

I had a different situation. I booked Jamie's twice on-line and one on board. I could not get the 20% OBC because, unknown to me, it had to be in sets of 3--meaning--all on-line or all on board. I could not believe since I paid for 3 specialty restaurants. I even engaged the D lounge concierge and she knew even less than I did. I was going to contact C&A when I got home. However, on the next to the last day, I inadvertently while getting my roast beef sandwich at 2X70 café, stepped into a "ask the Captain session" at the 2X70 venue. It was the Captain, other officers, and the Hotel Manager (his name escapes me.) After the session all stayed around to answer any other questions. When it was my turn, I explained the facts and he took my cabin # and said that he would explore further.

To my surprise, on the last night we were dining at Silk and the Specialty Restaurant Manager approached us and advised that we would see the OBC on our account. We were happy as to the quick resolution and mentioned to the Manager that the OBC/reduced price should be based on paid number of restaurants and not how reserved.

If you can't get any satisfaction, escalate it. up the ladder.

Currently on QOS also and pre-booked and paid for 5 specialty restaurants. I am being told that the OBC wouldn't come back to you till you have dined at all of the restaurants due to the fact that you can always cancel a restaurant before you dine in it. Makes sense to me but i am honestly not holding my breath...we shall see.

If you don't get it automatically after you have dined at all five, just call Guest Services or stop by. They will take it off quickly after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's ridiculous, Steve.

Before my cruise, I booked Wonderland and paid for two. $90.

On the first night, I invoked my "BOGO privilege."

My SeaPass account ALREADY had an $18 credit on it as the 20% back. Then I got the $45 credit for the second cover.

Good deal for me!

Don't let them yank you around!

Yes, at the time of your meal, you should be able to get them to credit you back for the kids.

Enjoy Jamie's!

I had a different situation. I booked Jamie's twice on-line and one on board. I could not get the 20% OBC because, unknown to me, it had to be in sets of 3--meaning--all on-line or all on board. I could not believe since I paid for 3 specialty restaurants. I even engaged the D lounge concierge and she knew even less than I did. I was going to contact C&A when I got home. However, on the next to the last day, I inadvertently while getting my roast beef sandwich at 2X70 café, stepped into a "ask the Captain session" at the 2X70 venue. It was the Captain, other officers, and the Hotel Manager (his name escapes me.) After the session all stayed around to answer any other questions. When it was my turn, I explained the facts and he took my cabin # and said that he would explore further.

To my surprise, on the last night we were dining at Silk and the Specialty Restaurant Manager approached us and advised that we would see the OBC on our account. We were happy as to the quick resolution and mentioned to the Manager that the OBC/reduced price should be based on paid number of restaurants and not how reserved.

If you can't get any satisfaction, escalate it. up the ladder.

Dean Bailey :) Wonderful guy. As you found out. :)