Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

One of the workers at the terminal said this has never happened before. There have been some delays in the past but never this overnight thing, so this is all new to them too.

We saw some people acting very ugly which makes no sense to me because it was something that just happened. They were doing everything they could!

We extended our room reservation through tonight just in case, but the hotel is sold out for tomorrow so not sure about that yet. We are staying at the Marriott Waterside and is it an outstanding hotel!

Don't stress over your cruise in Saturday, just make some preplans and enjoy. Tampa is beautiful!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Was wondering if those people who put their luggage out on Sunday night got it back on Monday???And did those same people put their luggage out on Monday night get it back this morning(tuesday) or are they holding it until they see if it will dock today??? Anyone know the answer? thanks

RCCL has been very accommodating. If you need them back they returned them. I don't know about pick back up, but I am sure they were accommodating as well. The bigger problem is we packed for 4 day cruise not 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night around sundown the port webcam showed clear sky and a beautiful day

but if you went to the cams on the Skyway you saw that looking east things were clear, but west was still all fog ... the bridge was practically a dividing line!

The three incidents that contributed to the tighter ship movement rules all happened between Egmont Key and the bridge. The channel is "complicated" in this area, narrow and outside of the channel things are shallow. An unforgiving area to move a ship through . . .

Wanna read more about it? http://www.kongsberg.com/en/kds/kncit/support/~/media/D4CC09E3A14B4A59A7D3BEEBD5BA736D.ashx

There are only a handful of ports in the US with a VTS or CVTS but Tampa is one....

Edited by Capt_BJ

Latest update from the ship:

Captain just made an update that while we are circling we are not getting any closer to port. They are looking at all options but port is still closed. He said they considered a diversion to Miami but it would take 24 hours. They decide the best course of action is to hold. Going to be an early to late evening before we arrive if we get clearance to move which they don't expect at the earliest possibility till early afternoon and then we have the 4 hour trip in still.

Captain said as long as there is fog at the Sunshine bridge we won't get clearance from the USCG to enter.

... If Brilliance leaves Tampa by midnight tonight it could easily make Cozumel on schedule, and theoretically could make it if it left Thursday morning.
I started to type "tomorrow morning" (which is Wednesday),and somehow ended up with "Thursday morning". Brilliance theoretically could make it if it left Wednesday morning.

S: 10:00 A.M. Update - Brilliance of the Seas, Delay due to Fog

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with the latest information regarding your Brilliance of the Seas sailing. Unfortunately, not much has changed since our last update. Because of the dense fog, there is still a Coast Guard advisory and the Port of Tampa is closed. We ask that you please not travel to the port until further notice. We will provide you with another update at noon. To confirm: reply with YES and send.

Little disappointing now. I'd like to know if I should pack up and go home, or book another room.

Little disappointing now. I'd like to know if I should pack up and go home, or book another room.

I am sure it is very frustrating to be stuck not knowing if you will sail or not. I would suggest you book a room just in case. I wouldn't want to wait and then find out there are no rooms available.

Hopefully, the noontime update will have some more hopeful information.

I agree.......the hotel let us extend our reservations through tonight with the option to cancel tonight with no penalty if things change.

The Marriott Waterside has been a God send for us. Could 't ask for anyone to have been more accomodating!!!

We are sailing again in April and have already moved our hotel reservations to here because we love it that much.

So that begs this question.......how many of you bring exactly the right number of days worth of medications? Depending on how far I am away from home fits in to the equation for me. For example if I'm going on a 7 day cruise out of Fl (where I am driving home) I might pack 8 or 9 days worth of meds. But now if I am doing a 11 night Baltic cruise, I may pack 13-14 nights worth of meds........how about you guys?

So that begs this question.......how many of you bring exactly the right number of days worth of medications? Depending on how far I am away from home fits in to the equation for me. For example if I'm going on a 7 day cruise out of Fl (where I am driving home) I might pack 8 or 9 days worth of meds. But now if I am doing a 11 night Baltic cruise, I may pack 13-14 nights worth of meds........how about you guys?

I have packed an extra 2 days worth for my cruise on Saturday, but I think I'll add a few more days. Along with some extra underwear and socks!

My DH used to do the same thing as you when he traveled for business until he left for a 4 day trip that turned into a 2 week trip. He had to have all his meds transferred from our pharmacy to one near where he was and then get emergency refills. He then had to transfer the prescriptions back before they auto refilled.

We are now required to have 3 month prescriptions per our insurance, so he know takes a full months worth of meds with him when he travels. He has smaller prescription bottles that he carries the one month supply and leaves the balance at home in the big bottles.

On your Baltics cruise, I would take a lot more than just a couple of extra days since you will be out of the country. My DH was lucky that he was only on the left coast when he was extended so it was fairly easy, once he found a CVS, to transfer his meds. Being in a foreign country adds a completely different dynamic.

Thanks for bringing this topic up!

Just saw on the news that Urban Meyer, head coach of the national champion Ohio State Buckeyes football team, is on this cruise with a bunch of news people and former and current players.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread or not.

Our hotel is holding rooms for Brilliance guest who stayed overnight . I will not go back to the port and stand around unTil RC finally makes a decision . If I get charged for another night due to RC 's late notice I will send the bill to them and if they refuse to pay we will turn it over to our trip insurance.

Urban Meyer is stuck on the boat. So fans of other schools can breathe well. Your recruits are safe for at least another day. ;) Just kidding.

Yep he sure is and what a great guy. We also have a couple dozen former alumni players here including current NFL players AJ Hawk and Dane Sanzenbacher and don't forget this beauty :)

0ca3a095e03f341dfacdbb24c7604140.jpg

334716ae926e33a58298ecbebf764d5d.jpg