Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

They just made an announcement that everyone has to get off the ship. They are going to allow those who want to use the ship as a hotel to come back on.

Everyone has to get off first. Once the ship cleared those guest who want use the ship as a hotel can after 9 pm. They will have the ability to come and go as they please. Have to be fully off the ship by 10 AM.

Guest on the 11 pm charter flight to Columbus get priority off at 7:15. Those leaving and not staying get off at 7:45 and those using the BotS as a hotel can clear customs at 8:15 and back on at 9 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that sounds very reasonable. I'm sure it's a huge relief for people without flights tonight to not have to worry about finding a hotel.

They just made an announcement that everyone has to get off the ship. They are going to allow those who want to use the ship as a hotel to come back on.

Everyone has to get off first. Once the ship cleared those guest who want use the ship as a hotel can after 9 pm. They will have the ability to come and go as they please. Have to be fully off the ship by 10 AM.

Guest on the 11 pm charter flight to Columbus get priority off at 7:15. Those leaving and not staying get off at 7:45 and those using the BotS as a hotel can clear customs at 8:15 and back on at 9 PM.

So can they use as a hotel just for one night or can they use till next schedule cruise?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So are u getting back on board tonight?

Nope staying at my new place in Tampa and the morning flight to Houston for work.

So can they use as a hotel just for one night or can they use till next schedule cruise?

Just tonight. Have to get off clear customs and then back on after 9 pm. Have to be off by 10 AM.

5:57

the pilots are talking to all the other ships ... the port is open but now there is a queue ....

BotS got preferred treatment . . .

signing out ....

Just listening to all the chatter too. The ships are moving again. :)

All due respect to other posters opinions :

Why would Royal Caribbean be responsible for the weather :confused:

I understand refunding cruise fares but why should they comp people credits:confused:

I cruise winters mainly and from the northeast, I know weather can and does disrupt the best layed plans.

This is why I never cruise without insurance unless I am prepared to take a loss.

Very sorry to those cruisers who will not be cruising:(

Reader

I agree with you. I really feel for everyone that has been affected, BUT why is it Royals fault!!! You cannot control the weather! That is why you buy trip insurance

And the cancellation of the next cruise might have been part of the deal. "We'll get your ship in and all those people off before it becomes a crisis but don't be filling that boat back up and bugging us to leave ".. type of thing.

Just theorizing of course..

I was thinking the same thing. I think RC had to really pull some strings to get the ship back in but that doesn't mean the Coast Guard is going to let them go back out.

I was thinking the same thing. I think RC had to really pull some strings to get the ship back in but that doesn't mean the Coast Guard is going to let them go back out.

Moot point ... the port is now open

CG made special provisions which allowed the ship to come in B4 the port was opened.

Their departure is up to the cruise line (if the port remains open)... can they get everyone on board tonight? I doubt it . . .

If by tom' at noon they loaded everyone, how many days are left b4 a turnaround for the NEXT cruise . . .

Moot point ... the port is now open

CG made special provisions which allowed the ship to come in B4 the port was opened.

Their departure is up to the cruise line (if the port remains open)... can they get everyone on board tonight? I doubt it . . .

If by tom' at noon they loaded everyone, how many days are left b4 a turnaround for the NEXT cruise . . .

Right - it would have to be a cruise to nowhere. You can't get anywhere from Tampa in 3 days, unfortunately.