Just off Silhouette....

rbuenger

I wil be posting a more in depth review when time permits but here are a few things.....

Pros - Service and food in Blu was outstanding, We would book Aqua Class again! Capt. Averopoulos runs a well oiled machine, the ship looked fantastic. No issues with getting a drink at any bar or finding a cocktail server in any venue, including the pool. We rented Alcoves for our 3 sea days and be late port day and enjoyed the space, it worked well with us and the Alvcove server made sure we had everything we needed. We love the Silhouette and will cruise on her again!

Cons - Food in Tuscan Grill was not as good as it was this past summer, when we were aboard from Venice. There were a lot of motorized scooters on this journey, many driven by incredibly rude passengers, scooters left in the middle of the stateroom hallways. Witnessed one scooter passenger insist that everyone get off the elevator when it stopped on her floor already full. Surprising number of passengers treating the staff rudely, clearly feeling the staff were their personal servants. Staff in the Spa is again giving the hard sell at the end of treatments to buy products, I thought this was going to stop when Canyon Ranch took over. Our neighbor kept smoking on hs balcony, even after we raised the issue with the staff

All in all it was a fantastic trip!

I wil be posting a more in depth review when time permits but here are a few things.....

Pros - Service and food in Blu was outstanding, We would book Aqua Class again! Capt. Averopoulos runs a well oiled machine, the ship looked fantastic. No issues with getting a drink at any bar or finding a cocktail server in any venue, including the pool. We rented Alcoves for our 3 sea days and be late port day and enjoyed the space, it worked well with us and the Alvcove server made sure we had everything we needed. We love the Silhouette and will cruise on her again!

Cons - Food in Tuscan Grill was not as good as it was this past summer, when we were aboard from Venice. There were a lot of motorized scooters on this journey, many driven by incredibly rude passengers, scooters left in the middle of the stateroom hallways. Witnessed one scooter passenger insist that everyone get off the elevator when it stopped on her floor already full. Surprising number of passengers treating the staff rudely, clearly feeling the staff were their personal servants. Staff in the Spa is again giving the hard sell at the end of treatments to buy products, I thought this was going to stop when Canyon Ranch took over. Our neighbor kept smoking on hs balcony, even after we raised the issue with the staff

All in all it was a fantastic trip!

My partner and I plus two friends were also on this cruise (first time on Celebrity) and in Aqua and couldn't agree with you more about Blu, it was great especially Rachelle (sp?)!

Edited by Mainah

Any chance you would have a copy of the daily activity list for the first sea day. We are on in a few weeks. Trying to decide whether or not to rent an alcove!

Unfortunately, I did not save any if the dailies, they were pretty beat up by the end of the day. . I will say that Richard Spacey does a fantastic job as CD, as does Charlotte as the Activities Manager

Edited by rbuenger

Hi rbuenger, glad you had a great cruise, we are on the Silhouette soon and also looking forward to Aqua class and dining in Blu. Who is the current Maître 'D of Blu? I think it was Anna when we were last on her and she was fantastic.

Were there any Debarkation issues?

We were on the same cruise, I hope to post a review soon..

None for us, we had tag 6 so we were called pretty early in the process, it was pretty painless. One not for those who have mobility issues...it IS A LONG WALK from gangway to customs to curb, and if you parked in the mid port garage, an even longer walk!

Staff in the Spa is again giving the hard sell at the end of treatments to buy products, I thought this was going to stop when Canyon Ranch took over.
Wonder if the fact that many of the employees were old Steiner employees has anything to do with the hard sell by some. I was on the Summit in January and there was no hard sell at all.

Silhouette is our favourite ship. Great crew, great service, delicious food in BLU...

For those of you booked on Silhouette or planning to sail on her - here´s is a picture heavy tour through the ship.

http://www.kreuzfahrtinfos.at/forum/index.php/Thread/6339-Celebrity-Silhouette-Ein-Schiffsrundgang-und-Vorgeschmack-auf-unser-Forentreffen/

Never mind the German text - the pics will tell the story :-)

Can you give us more detail about the smoking problem? We had an issue once and it was dealt with so quickly although it took me using a high liter and the daily taped to their door for the smokers to really "get it". Who did you contact and what was their response? Did you escalate the issue? For those of us that loath smoke - letting this slide will only contribute to a growing problem.

Silhouette is our favourite ship. Great crew, great service, delicious food in BLU...

For those of you booked on Silhouette or planning to sail on her - here´s is a picture heavy tour through the ship.

http://www.kreuzfahrtinfos.at/forum/index.php/Thread/6339-Celebrity-Silhouette-Ein-Schiffsrundgang-und-Vorgeschmack-auf-unser-Forentreffen/

Never mind the German text - the pics will tell the story :-)

Thanks for the great photos!