Amerisuites FLL

princessalk

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they have taken Amerisuites off of the pricline bidding. When I tried to bid for 10/15 for 1 night post cruise it doesn't show 2 1/2 stars available in downtown FLL. BTW I did get this last week for 10/7 1 night pre cruise for 60 dollars. Thanks for any help.

You may want to read reviews on tripadvisor.com before you decide on Amerisuites or anywhere else. Amerisuites seems to get very mixed reviews. I think Trent's recommendation for Holiday Inn Express on 17th might be a better choice for a budget hotel. At least you know you'll be staying in a newer, clean and modern motel.

As for priceline, don't give up. We got Hyatt Pier 66 for $135 for January 9. As others have recommended I think it's always best to have a secure reservation that can be used as a back-up but can also be cancelled if you get successful on priceline.

Hi:)

I am one of those folks who has stayed at Amerisuites twice and have never

had a problem. I would stay there again too.

I don't know if they have taken it off Priceline though. I have gotten a good

rate for them without ever using Priceline.

Hotwire had a room back in March for 79.00 I think and I paid 69.00 back

in 2003. As I said, neither time did I use priceline.

But there are folks who don't like it there.

Different strokes for different folks. My room was clean, free parking (if

you are driving down) for the week while on the cruise and convienent

to 17th Street and a brand new Publix is just around the corner.

(Within walking distance). Oh, also a free breakfast buffet.

Thanks for the reassurance Lois. I know there have been some bad reviews but it seems like there are just as many good ones. We don't need anything really fancy, just clean and near a grocery store. OT Do you know if they have diet MT Dew in South Florida at the Publix? That is all me and my dh drink and we are flying in so we can't bring it with us. Also thanks for your response Petlover.

We stayed at Amerisuites in FLL a couple of years ago and it was OK.

My major gripe was they did not take reservations for the shuttle to the ship. Thus, instead of a civilized, orderly, procedure, there was unpleasant pushing and shoving.

We ended up taking a cab to the pier for about $12.

Hi Ted, sorry you had a problem. I have used the shuttle before and maybe

it is because I am always wanting to be at the port as early as possible but

I have never had a problem with lines. It is always first come first serve.

Last time (in March) I was the only one on the shuttle! I was ready at 10:00am

and the driver took me over at about 10:15. I would rather wait in the terminal

than at the hotel.

I also took a cab once but it only cost me 5.00 or 6.00. Maybe we were sailing

from different terminals.

princessalk - Publix have the full range of soft drinks from America and even some from South America. It's a block east of AmeriSuites, just across the parking lot in the middle of the brand new strip mall.

Yes, there have been many very mixed reviews, but I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations. When you're paying $60-80/night you can't expect a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons!

While I do think the Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America a bit nicer budget hotels, they're also a bit more expensive. I wouldn't care to spend a week there, but I think AmeriSuites is perfectly fine for a pre-cruise night, especially if you're on a tight budget. It's clean and the last time I was in it they were replacing carpeting. It's in a great location with the Publix a block away, an Outback Steakhouse and Del Rio Tex Mex restaurant in the parking lot, and a Crown Wine & Spirits a couple of blocks away (across from Embassy Suites, behind the Chevron Station). There are also many many other restaurants and shops along SE 17th Street. It's less than 10 minutes from FLL and only a couple of minutes into Port Everglades.

I stayed there twice this summer. Once in June with 3 kids. That experience was fine.

The second time was mid -July with my parents and Sister and her family. That time was less than pleasant. The airconditioning was having problems throughout the hotel. Each room we went in smelled of must and dampness... it was very nasty. The unit was soaked with perspiration... and pumping... but nothing much was coming out. I asked for help from the front desk and was handed a can of room spray and asked to return it when I was done :o

I'm thinking it was the time of year, with the overuse of the air conditioning system, but Amerisuites is showing its age as well. That smell made it very hard to consider the room as "clean" if you know what I mean.

If sticking to a budget and staying just one night, I would stay there again, unless of course it was the dead of summer... then I would reconsider. ;)

A~:)

PS... the pool in July was very dirty as well... we passed on that!

Archived