What causes sea sickness?

Esilef

My doctor said that cruising will be good for my sinuses all that salt water in the air will help them recover.

See cruising is good for your health. Wondering if as the cruise is for medical purposes if I can claim it under Medicare & private health insurance? Lol.

Sounds like a great idea !!

I swear by Meclizine. You can't get it here in Australia but I buy it through eBay. The last bottle I bought, just a couple of weeks ago, cost me about $9 for a bottle of 100. It's the same tablet they give out on American cruise ships such as Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Works well for me without any side effects.

I was very sick for 2 days on our first cruise (had no meds) After that I swore I would never waste 2-3 days feeling "off" or in bed during a cruise . I discovered Avomine and on every cruise I take one every night before bed. Working like an antihistamine, I swear this practice also helps keep cold/ flu bugs at bay (thanks for that tip Eileen ; )

My doctor said that cruising will be good for my sinuses all that salt water in the air will help them recover.

See cruising is good for your health. Wondering if as the cruise is for medical purposes if I can claim it under Medicare & private health insurance? Lol.

I actually meant about what medication was best after the op.

But I like your Dr, sounds a bit like ours we were complaining to him recently about time off work for a cruise and he told herself not to worry he'd give her a certificate because it would do her good. :D

I actually meant about what medication was best after the op.

But I like your Dr, sounds a bit like ours we were complaining to him recently about time off work for a cruise and he told herself not to worry he'd give her a certificate because it would do her good. :D

See we agree cruising is good for your health!

I swear by Meclizine. You can't get it here in Australia but I buy it through eBay. The last bottle I bought, just a couple of weeks ago, cost me about $9 for a bottle of 100. It's the same tablet they give out on American cruise ships such as Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Works well for me without any side effects.

I am quite sure that's what they sell as Bonine in the USA. I have heard it is very good.

They had it recently on the Sapphire Princess.

Chez

xx

Yes that's right Chez. It's the generic name for Bonine. I find it very effective. My sister takes Avomine and that works well for her, but she does say that it makes her very drowsy.

I was trying to think of the name Bonine, but my brain kept coming up with Bromide:eek:

Yes Bonine is available on the ship. Grab a few packets to bring home for the next trip. Does not make you drowsy like Avomine.