Quantum Nightlife?

TrojanUSC

So not a regular daily show like mama mia or starwater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mamma Mia is in the main theater, the Royal Theater.

Starwater is in Two70.

Neither is "daily", like any Royal Caribbean ship. They are part of the cruise-long entertainment lineup.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I saw a Beatles, U2, and Led Zeppelin tribute band on 2 of my cruises in Music Hall. The tribute bands change each cruise. There is also a house band called Horizon, who are great. When there isn't a live band there is usually a DJ. There is also live music in Bolero's, and in the Schooner Bar. DJ or live music on some nights in 270. You won't have any problem finding music at night on Quantum.

Wondering if anybody who has sailed Quantum can tell me about the nightlife on the ship? I've heard its quieter than Oasis class ships with Blaze. My friends and I like to go out some nights of each cruise and hoping it's not too slow.

Currently on QOS.....late night is VERY slow in comparison to Oasis/Allure...not even close. Way quieter crowd.

Wondering if anybody who has sailed Quantum can tell me about the nightlife on the ship? I've heard its quieter than Oasis class ships with Blaze. My friends and I like to go out some nights of each cruise and hoping it's not too slow.

It's quieter than anything we've ever cruised on.

That's not good to hear. Hopefully it is just this sailing. Is it an older crowd?

Pretty much....there are some mid aged but even they seem a bit laid back and lazy....no single life to talk about....so if it's clubbing you are looking for like Blaze on Oasis/Allure...it's not happening here.

I sailed last year on Breakaway out of NYC...almost same time of year...it was Superbowl Sun...that also had very little late night life....maybe it's the demographics....just laid back lazy crowd that eats themselves to sleep mostly and sits in lounges but mostly yawning and watching.

If you are looking for single action or party crowd...i wouldn't recommend....wrong ship.

After over a dozen sailings on Oasis/Allure...this is way different as far as late night where on those ships you are sometimes closing the club down at 3-4am.

Edited by bajathree

Music Hall was very busy. Horizon the house band in Music Hall was great!. 270, Bolero's and Schooner's was always busy. In fact try too find a seat.... I didn't see to many people yawning or sleeping. Not a teeny bopper crowd but they weren't sleeping. I would say 30 to 60. I think it may depend on the time of year you cruise too. If you worry about things to do at night I wouldn't worry.

That's not good to hear. Hopefully it is just this sailing. Is it an older crowd?

Average age on my 2 sailings was 65. - Lots of wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, etc. Not many children (except for certain sailings - Holidays, Spring Break, Summer). Evening entertainment is VERY hit or miss. Passengers = 4900. The capacity of any bar/lounge is around 250 to 300 average. The theater holds the most, about 1700 and there's only shows in there, not every night and not ever past 10 o'clock.

If you're going, and looking for evenings filled with "Pulsing nightlife" or "hi-energy music and dancing", you're on the wrong ship! :)

-Miriam

We've been on Oasis and Allure, and there was plenty of times when Blaze was absolutely empty - music blaring but no people, so not sure Oasis and Allure are filled with live wires either. (but maybe this old, fat, lazy, lying around middle-aged lady went too early).

For those who take issue with us "old people," don't worry, you'll be there soon enough.

We are sailing on the 12 nighter in April. I expect the average age to probably be up there but that's okay I'll just make my own party LOL. It can't be any worse than our Disney cruise everyone on that one was in bed by like 5pm. The last RCL cruise we were on was a thanksgiving cruise on the Explorer and it was like pulling teeth on that one too. By far the best club atmosphere I've experienced was on the Carnival Miracle.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone who has sailed lately update on how the nightlife is? Is it mostly house bands or is there a fun place for dancing/DJ?
If it's a cruise for singles you are looking for this ship is probably the one you shouldn't be on. But if you are a couple on our cruise there was a lot of nightlife. Most of the music is live. Late night (after midnight) the D J takes over.

I got off this morning. There were shows pretty much every night until around 10:30. Mamma Mia, Starwater, Sonic Odyssey, Comedian, Singer/Impressionist and Hynotist. The CD had a sort of welcome aboard show on day 1 but no goodbye show last night.

Afterwards there was either a dance party somewhere or live music in the Music Hall.