Best price Alaska inside cabin?

mnjcruiser

Just wondering what was the best price you paid for Alaska inside cabin? I'm depating whether to book now or wait for a better last minute deal after final payment is due which will be in about three weeks. I'm looking at end of May sail date. Right now it's $559 p.p. Is it possible it can go lower or is this considered a great price?

I've seen as cheap as $299 like the others. I'm booked right now on an inside for $519. on the Jewel (plus taxes etc). We wanted to take advantage of the Freestyle choice promo but I couldn't justify spending an additional $400, just for booze. We don't drink that much. I could if it were $200. I digress. I'm hoping with the price point that I paid that I can upgrade to a oceanview once final payment is made, if prices drop.

Also, depending on where you live you have to take into account booking last minute flights which may cost you more than what you would be saving on the inside cruise price. Honestly, with this new promo that's been going on for a while, I don't see prices dropping as much as they once did. There is another post that states that the Freestyle Choice promo is being expanded, which leaves me with the inclination that prices are not going to drop much until very last minute.

Edited by CruzLover80

One thing you need to take into account is Alaska one way cruise (either N or S bound) is always cheaper than round trip. So you need to factor in the price of return flight from Alaska in order to compare both options.

I paid $529 for an inside last summer. On Jewel. Last August. I booked 6 days before sail day, as we live right near Seattle and don't have to book air. I think it had been down to 10 or 20 dollars cheaper, but I couldn't book right then due to figuring out family scheduling.

I just booked yesterday 10 day on pearl, May 7, with a company that has a "90 day ticker". Got 3 rooms at $409 pp, (2 in room) and they each came with $100 OBC per cabin. Quad rooms are a crazy cheap price right now, but I just couldn't put 4 in a tiny Norwegian cabin again. Hope that helps, also want to bring up the fact that i've been watching and the 9 & 10 day cruises & had all gone up except this one, that’s why I jumped on it. I know its a gamble, I certainly like getting the best deal. :D

I just booked yesterday 10 day on pearl, May 7, with a company that has a "90 day ticker". Got 3 rooms at $409 pp, (2 in room) and they each came with $100 OBC per cabin. Quad rooms are a crazy cheap price right now, but I just couldn't put 4 in a tiny Norwegian cabin again. Hope that helps, also want to bring up the fact that i've been watching and the 9 & 10 day cruises & had all gone up except this one, that’s why I jumped on it. I know its a gamble, I certainly like getting the best deal. :D

Yes, you scored a heck of a deal. Congratulations.

I've been picking up late fire sale discounts for Alaska over 10 years, multiple times per year. Last year I did 7 cruises, one was booked in advance since I wanted to include Sitka. I did pick up 3 sailings on the Sun which ended up being less than $1000 for 2, total. I also got the Pearl for around $1300 for 2 with free gratuities and a small OBC, and $100 shore excursion credit that I used in the Caribbean. I sailed Carnival the other 3 sailings.

You HAVE to be flexible, AND accepting of not going. I don't care what line I go on, NCL happened to be the clear discount winner last year, the year prior it was Princess. HAL discounts with "good" rates as well. RCI and Celebrity, I don't find the discounts as severe over the past several years, but did pick up RCI two years ago- OK discounted.

I have a big advantage with not needing to purchase air. IF you do, then you will need to scramble and determine, quickly what your total cost will be. BIG mistakes are made by people who jump into a cheap cruise booking, then can't find what they think is an acceptable airfare, it's too late then.

Many times those low cruise rates are very limited, so to take advantage, you must be willing to book immediately.