Travel/Bubba mugs?

girlpookie

Will the bartender at pool fill these with drinks at the pool? I like them to keep my drinks cold and make them spill proof.:cool:

No. However, you can probably pour them over to another container of your choosing. Never seen this done by any passengers in my past cruises with Celebrity so I don't know if there are reasons why this would be frowned upon or even prohibited.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I hope not. It's pretty unsanitary for them to be using guests' mugs, same reason you are not supposed to fill your own water bottles directly from any water machines. My suggestion would be to pour your drink into your mug.

not unsanitary my mouth wont be on the inside, the tops where you drink from come off. It would save on waste to reuse my cup, if it was dangerous starbucks and Tim's would not refill them with coffee and tea. I will just transfer, no margarita's spilled in pool or hot tub !

not unsanitary my mouth wont be on the inside, the tops where you drink from come off. It would save on waste to reuse my cup, if it was dangerous starbucks and Tim's would not refill them with coffee and tea. I will just transfer, no margarita's spilled in pool or hot tub !

Your mouth may not have been on the mug, but your germs are IN the mug.

Who knows what you were handling before you handed the bartender your mug. Who know where that mug was sitting just before you picked it up (i.e. - tables where folks put their eating utensils, glasses, and other personal items.)

Then the bartender has to handle your mug, and then handle everyone else's drinks.

It is very easy to transfer your drink into whatever vessel you wish.

There is no need for unnecessary risks to ANY passengers - no matter how silly someone may think it is.

If that is your thoughts you never get coffee out at coffee shops or have wait staff on the ship top up your water or coffee at the table after they refill others? They refill mugs all over the world at coffee shops and at resorts. How can being at a cruise ship be any different? pouring liquid in a cup from a bottle or jug inches above it with no touching does not contaminate no plages will start. The glasses they give you at the bars are touched by multiple hands transported all over the ship before you get to drink out of them. I asked a simple question and i got a polite answer back, no need of you or anyone else to snip.

Why must everything be a debate and/or lecture. Isn't "NO" a good enough answer without acting like it is a gross question.

And....lots of cruise lines have some refillable cups. RC and Carnival have refillable soda cups.

Edited by happyscmom

On a longer, warm weather cruise I often take our Tervis glasses. Keeps cold - cold and hot - hot. I would never dream of asking the bar tender to use that glass - what I do is take the bar glass and pour my drink into my own glass. I'll pour my coffee or water in too but never use the cup in a dispenser - that is unsanitary.

I've still got a "souvenir cup" from royal caribbean.

Nothing like that on celebrity though. i have brought it with me on a celebrity cruise to keep a coke cold by the pool. I just asked for a can of soda and poured it in myself.

as for the question of what is sanitary on a cruise ship vs. starbucks - due to the closed environment and risk of noro viruse etc., the cruise ship would probably err on the side of caution and practice a higher degree of sanitary practices than are necessary ashore.

Just my thoughts.

Unless I'm mistaken, most of those bubba-type insulated mugs are very large. I expect that it would take several drinks to fill it up, and if you have a beverage package, you are only allowed to order one drink at a time.

Unless you're up for paying for enough drinks to fill the mug, I doubt there is enough volume in most of the regular drinks to make the mug worthwhile, unless you are a very slow drinker.

If that is your thoughts you never get coffee out at coffee shops or have wait staff on the ship top up your water or coffee at the table after they refill others? They refill mugs all over the world at coffee shops and at resorts. How can being at a cruise ship be any different? pouring liquid in a cup from a bottle or jug inches above it with no touching does not contaminate no plages will start. The glasses they give you at the bars are touched by multiple hands transported all over the ship before you get to drink out of them. I asked a simple question and i got a polite answer back, no need of you or anyone else to snip.

Not snipping. Just pointing out some issues that you may not have been aware of, since you ONLY mentioned that your mouth was on the top of the cup.

My response was polite.

It could have been very different.

Edited by DinaS

That was my plan i just asked to see if they would do it to save on used glasses. People jumped all over it ! Good thing i didn't ask about topless sunbathing.:eek:

I have no problem with topless since I go topless all the time. :p

qrfzo9.jpg

To clarify I'm the one wearing the red swimming trunks.

Edited by A Sixth?

Wow!! It would take a lot of piña coladas to fill that thing up!!

You say that like it's a bad thing.:D

The 1-2-3 promotion can now live up to it's name. Get 1 pina colada, pour it in your Bubba. Get # 2 and pour it in too. Now get # 3 and do the same. 1-2-3, your'e all set for the afternoon by the pool! :)

Edited by DirtyDawg