meal time on cruises

edbowen

I just want to have chips and salsa available in the late afternoon! I need to start bringing my own.

I've had to raid the buffet and make my own in a beer-invoked munchie frenzy. Some sliced tomatoes and onions from the sandwich bar (chopped with my butter knife) and tortilla chips, along with some hot sauce and salt, have filled the void for me. At least somewhat. :-)

FWIW, I totally understand the OP's comments. The 3:00 lunch time has some pretty dismal options. Nothing refined like in the MDR, or interesting like the curries, pasta bar, soups, etc. in the buffet during "normal" lunch times. Bar food or a cold, boring sandwich and dessert seems to be the options. I adjust, but am always a little bummed.

Edited by weltek

I just want to have chips and salsa available in the late afternoon! I need to start bringing my own.

I've had to raid the buffet and make my own in a beer-invoked munchie frenzy. Some sliced tomatoes and onions from the sandwich bar (chopped with my butter knife) and tortilla chips, along with some hot sauce and salt, have filled the void for me. At least somewhat. :-)

FWIW, I totally understand the OP's comments. The 3:00 lunch time has some pretty dismal options. Nothing refined like in the MDR, or interesting like the curries, pasta bar, soups, etc. in the buffet during "normal" lunch times. Bar food or a cold, boring sandwich and dessert seems to be the options. I adjust, but am always a little bummed.

Which cruise line(s) are you talking about? On the Princess cruises I've taken, we'll often go to the buffet in the middle of the afternoon and can get a mini-meal (many of the lunch items are still available). And the kind of items you've listed as "interesting" can be found in the International Cafe for many hours on the ships that have the IC.

I can see that I came to the right spot. I am really glad all of you were on this ship and know what you are speaking. I must have missed something these past 2 cruises. This was really just a way to voice my concerns but I can see that I was just wasting my time. As with most specific sites there are people that really just know-it-all and this site in no different. I think I will just go elsewhere. I am so sorry to have even opened my mouth. L8TR

hiya.gif

In my years of cruising I've never seen anyone disembarking the ship a size 2 when they embarked a size 12. So I have to assume everyone managed to eat enough while on the cruise. ;)

Cruising may have a lack of live entertainment, or a lack of quality entertainment, and sometimes they have a lack of loungers by the pool on sea days. :eek: But none can say there is a lack of food on a cruise ship.:p

Seek and ye shall find!

I actually lost weight one cruise, but I was as sick as a dog during it, not Noro or anything, just severe pain, but that was the exception to the rule

HAL has one of the best cabin service menus I've seen. Just order cabin service

after you wake up while you're freshening up.

Yes I have heard that, not a big fan of room service, I had about 5 years of eating all my meals in bed, either in hospital or at home, so I really don't enjoy it.

But we will eventually be trying HAL when they have the right itinerary at the right time.