Dog Sledding on Glacier - Book 2 of them?

GreySkies

I have read a number of times on CC that dog sledding on the glacier is the single most canceled excursion in Juneau. With that in mind, I'm wondering if I should book an excursion in Skagway through Princess along with the one in Juneau and cancel the latter if Skagway happens. Will I be disappointed with doing it in Skagway?

Thanks,

Have you verified the cancellation policies? Fees are going to be involved likely. Are you willing to pay them? Juneau and Skagway are usually only a day apart, so double booking likely will not be an option.

Is this a priority? If so, then book at your first opportunity. IF canceled get on the phone and try to make alternative reservations. These tours run full and sell out. You have far less cancellations if you go out of Seward.

Actually, Coastal has had less cancellations than the other glacier tours. They are lower on the Hubbard, and their pilots aren't hampered by as much cloud cover. Look them up. They will be on the lower camp this year....at least that is what they have planned. They are out of Juneau.

this doesn't help you with the decision, but you will enjoy this trip report from petlover regarding dog sledding and carting in Juneau and Skagway. She too had concerns about cancellation. There are photos a little further into the report.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43436631#post43436631