Breakaway mini suite or suite

Bilu444

I am considering booking the Breakaway for Next February. I usually book balconies. I saw on NCL that if you book a suite, you get all 3 amenities (onboard credit, ultimate beverage and ultimate dining). Problem is, I don"t see any option to book a suite. It shows studio, inside, oceanview, balcony, spa, mini suite and haven. So is the mini suite what I can book to get all 3 amenities?

I do have a planner assigned to me from NCL, but she was incredible rude a few months ago when I tried to get info. Needless to say, I will not contact her for any further info.

Will booking the haven suite be a wash for you? Price for dining is $119 pp, approx $360 pp for the unlimited drinks, and I think OBC is $300 per cabin. Now these are just approx figures.

Approx $1260 total in benefits. That is about the same cost to upgrade from mini suite to Haven give or take $100 or so.

Balcony is $900 with one of the 3 options above.

It is all a personal choice......:)

Edited by FireEater

I am considering booking the Breakaway for Next February. I usually book balconies. I saw on NCL that if you book a suite, you get all 3 amenities (onboard credit, ultimate beverage and ultimate dining). Problem is, I don"t see any option to book a suite. It shows studio, inside, oceanview, balcony, spa, mini suite and haven. So is the mini suite what I can book to get all 3 amenities?

I do have a planner assigned to me from NCL, but she was incredible rude a few months ago when I tried to get info. Needless to say, I will not contact her for any further info.

You need to book a Suite or Haven to get all 3 amenities. Mini suites are not included.

About you planner or cruise consultant, you can try and call the regular NCL number and ask to speak to another personal cruise consultant (PCC).

You need to book a Suite or Haven to get all 3 amenities. Mini suites are not included.

About you planner or cruise consultant, you can try and call the regular NCL number and ask to speak to another personal cruise consultant (PCC).

I just booked under the premise that if you booked a Haven or "any suite" you get all 3 amenities and no need to enter a code. This is the "wording" on the NCL site as you book your cruise.

Upon looking more closely at my receipt, I see that it just lists the onboard credit which I didn't choose, apparently the website chose it for me?

"Suites" are not listed as choices, only Haven and mini suites (I chose a Spa Mini Suite)... I will be calling NCL tomorrow to try and get this taken care of...very misleading and upsetting at the moment. As this is my first cruise I was getting excited but now starting to get a bad feeling...ugh

"Mini-suite" is a pointlessly confusing term. They're just an "enhanced" balcony (and on the newest ships, not even very enhanced). They are much closer to balconies than to suites.

My guess is that NCL has confused and annoyed passengers on every sailing as a result.

Labeling suites as "Haven" merely compounds the confusion.

Thanks for the redundant response Trumpy, not much of a help though...my point was that this is misrepresentation at its best and not too happy about that.

We'll see how cooperative they are when I call, I know it won't matter much to them, either I cancel or they make an attempt to make it right. As I have stated, not a good impression for a first timer.

Was so looking forward to the trip, not starting out on the right foot though. Glad I found out now and not when checking in!

I just booked under the premise that if you booked a Haven or "any suite" you get all 3 amenities and no need to enter a code. This is the "wording" on the NCL site as you book your cruise.

Upon looking more closely at my receipt, I see that it just lists the onboard credit which I didn't choose, apparently the website chose it for me?

"Suites" are not listed as choices, only Haven and mini suites (I chose a Spa Mini Suite)... I will be calling NCL tomorrow to try and get this taken care of...very misleading and upsetting at the moment. As this is my first cruise I was getting excited but now starting to get a bad feeling...ugh

I agree with sundercruiser... "Mini-suite" is a confusing term especially to those new to NCL. Maybe they should change the name to "Deluxe balcony" or something...

In the newer ships, they don't have SUITES. They have THE HAVEN.

The Onboard credit (OBC) is the default choice. But you can call to CHANGE your "choice" of perks, several people have reported that they were able to change easily.

I hope they can straighten things out for you when you call.

Thanks for the redundant response Trumpy, not much of a help though...my point was that this is misrepresentation at its best and not too happy about that.

We'll see how cooperative they are when I call, I know it won't matter much to them, either I cancel or they make an attempt to make it right. As I have stated, not a good impression for a first timer.

Was so looking forward to the trip, not starting out on the right foot though. Glad I found out now and not when checking in!

And what would make things right? Do you honestly think they are going to give you all 3 when u booked a mini suite? No a snow ball in hells chance of that happening no way not at all. What do u want them to do for you?

There was a time in the not too distant past that NCL did in fact list cabin categories in a confusing way. However, now they are clearly labeled this way:

Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, MiniSuite, Suites and Haven

or

Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, MiniSuite and Haven.

Since MiniSuites are their own category, it is not nearly as confusing unless you want it to be.

In times past as a marketing ploy NCL used to advertise book a suite starting at $xxx and when you would search you would find that price applied to a MiniSuite, that was misleading to be sure. Now with the ads clarified and the rooms listing clearly spelled out, not so much now.

I booked yesterday got a spa mini suite. I to wondered if I got 3 choices.I got a great agent when I called nc she stated just one. She suggested the beverage or dinning packages... But actually the adult beverage package is a great perk. So I opted for that. good luck in getting things changed.

I agree with sundercruiser... "Mini-suite" is a confusing term especially to those new to NCL. Maybe they should change the name to "Deluxe balcony" or something...

In the newer ships, they don't have SUITES. They have THE HAVEN.

The Onboard credit (OBC) is the default choice. But you can call to CHANGE your "choice" of perks, several people have reported that they were able to change easily.

I hope they can straighten things out for you when you call.

Just got off the phone with them and I guess I am somewhat satisfied, being able to change the OBC to the UBP. However, if it were in a store or face to face, I would have been more inclined to argue the point that they weren't honoring what they had posted on their website. The rep referred to the terms and conditions, where it says that "mini-suites" are not included...perhaps their way around the misleading offer. Oh well, hopefully it can only get more positive going forward.

Does anyone have experience with last minute upgrades at a substantial savings?

Thanks for all of the feedback, much appreciated

I have seen it being a crap shoot on obtaining last minute upgrades at a substantial savings.

I have tried and always have been told they are full while others have said they were able to get something.

It is rare, but I guess, not impossible.

Just don't bank on it is my recommendation...:)

And what would make things right? Do you honestly think they are going to give you all 3 when u booked a mini suite? No a snow ball in hells chance of that happening no way not at all. What do u want them to do for you?

As a first time cruiser, honestly I had no idea what they would do for me, can't hurt to ask though, right?? I know what they should have done, but realistically I knew I would only get the one perk switched. Never say never football parent, you won't get anywhere with that attitude :)

...and you're missing the whole point of the thread, misrepresentation and the intent if nothing else is to make people aware of it. If there is anyone out there that doesn't see anything wrong with the way their site is worded, I would have to respectfully disagree.

Unfortunately I didn't find out until after booking by reading reviews here, great site by the way!

Just got off the phone with them and I guess I am somewhat satisfied, being able to change the OBC to the UBP. However, if it were in a store or face to face, I would have been more inclined to argue the point that they weren't honoring what they had posted on their website. The rep referred to the terms and conditions, where it says that "mini-suites" are not included...perhaps their way around the misleading offer. Oh well, hopefully it can only get more positive going forward.

Does anyone have experience with last minute upgrades at a substantial savings?

Thanks for all of the feedback, much appreciated

Good to hear that you were able to change the OBC to the UBP, it has the best value among all the choices. We have never been lucky with last minute upgrades, but I guess I wasn't watching the prices too closely. Enjoy your cruise.