Spendor vs. Glory...which would you choose?

Crus4US

We are planning a cruse for next spring, the itinerary is the same just reversed...which ship is better? We have sailed the Glory pre-update and enjoyed it very much...but it has been a few years I am a little out of the loop. Reading cruise critic to catch up... any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Never been on Glory but been on Splendor several times.

I'd pick Glory simply to try out something new.

We did the same thing. Just off Splendor 2/22/15. Took her because we had been on conquest class ships many times, with and without 2.0. but had never been on Splendor. She was nice, but I think I would prefer Glory, as I prefer Guy's Burgers over the grill, wasn't thrilled with the rotisserie or Mongolian wok (I know - people kill for that station - just wasn't my favorite - sorry!) and just enjoy the more open seating on conquest style ships over the more enclosed Lido area on Splendor. That being said - I booked Splendor again for next Feb. while still on board! (mostly because she left on a Sunday, while Glory leaves Saturday, and I would have to take off a day to fly in Friday pre-cruise!)

I've never been on Splendor before, but have been on all of the Conquest Class ships accept Glory.

We booked Glory for January 2016 because of the 2.0 upgrades - especially Guys Burgers. I also was thinking about Splendor until I discovered she didn't have Guys.

However, I think somebody mentioned on another thread that Splendor still has the production shows rather than playlist productions. That almost made me choose Splendor, but my SO doen't care what shows are offered. He'd be PO'd if I booked us on a ship without Guys.

I have only been on the Splendor and Glory. I loved the Splendor for its layout of the Lido deck and stage shows. I personally would never go on the Glory again. While I do love most of the 2.0 upgrades, it's not enough to make to me sail on the Glory. I actually had far better service on the Glory than the Splendor but for some reason the boat just didn't do it for me.

2.0 is the reason i would choose Splendor LOL

I've never been a big show person but I understand people don't like the new ones.

But I enjoy the new food options offered with 2.0.

Although the splendor does have tandoor' and Mongolian wok as well as a burrito bar that I thought was just as good but just not as many toppings as the 2.0 ones.

Splendor because she has the Tandoor and chicken tenders at the grill. I think Guy's is overrated

Just off Splendor, and there were no chicken tenders anywhere I could find. We were at the grill several times a day (dd loves the sauteed onions as a side dish on everything!) and they had no tenders. So disappointed!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....just back from Splendor and did Glory just after 2.0 upgrades in 2012.

I have to vote for Glory. Splendor was spotless and food was better but staff, though not rude, seem unhappy and overworked. We missed the super friendliness on Glory and service was so much better.

I've never sailed on the Glory, but I LOVE the Splendor. It is absolutely my favorite ship. If I have a choice I'm taking the Splendor over any one in the fleet.

I actually like the pink, don't think it's ugly and not even close to being a rust bucket! When we were on last Sept (our second time) the crew were fabulous. We watched a cleaning crew out on the deck on more than one occasion and they seemed to be actually enjoying themselves. They were always cleaning, always scraping and repainting.

I love the aft pool area - seems so roomy for some reason. My favorite is the Mongolian Wok - I don't cruise for a burger :). I also liked the Burrito Bar and the Rotisserie area is the best kept secret at sea. There are ALWAYS tables up there. Food isn't bad either.

Love the whole mid-ship Lido pool area. Because it's 2 decks high, it never feels closed in with the retractable roof closed. The colors here are nice and tropical. There are hot tubs undercover on the deck 10 balcony overlooking the Lido if you want to stay out of the sun, or the weather is not great.

I also like the layout of the ship. As long as you remember that decks 3 & 4 don't go through - you're good!

I'm sure the Glory is a great ship - but if I have a choice - I'm on the Splendor.

• 1 month later...