Houston Bayport - - really only 1 hour before arrival?

ladylonghorn

On our last cruise, we were notified the ship (not on NCL) was delayed due to fog and boarding time was pushed back. Passengers were asked not to come to port until a later time. We listed to this, but when we got there, we were in one of the last boarding groups.

SO....my question is for NCL out of Houston, is boarding like Southwest - - first there, first on the ship? Becasuse if so, I want to get there sooner than the 11 AM time indicated on our boarding documents.

We were on the Jewel last week. Got to the port about Noon, fairly long lines for security and check in, but they moved pretty quickly. We were able to board as soon as we got through "processing". For debarkation, the last groups weren't called until around 10:00. If you get there before 11:00 I would be prepared to be sitting outside for a while. When we got off the ship the line for customs was very long and you figure after they got everyone through customs they had to set up that entire area for check in.

We got to the port about 10:15 last month. The terminal was already processing new guest. No lines for anything. We got a boarding number issued then sat and people watched until ship boarding began about 11:30.

Thank you this is exactly what I was wondering.