Online check-in and ES price match?

Savlamara

If you complete online check in, are you able to still price match for ES price drops?

How early does everyone else complete online check in?

You can do your on-line check anytime but will not be able to print documents until paid in full.

If you are booked ES, you may apply for price drops up to 2 days prior to the cruise. If you are booked many other rates (excludes guarantee rates where you do NOT get to pick your cabin) you can apply for price drops up until final payment due date.

On line check in has nothing to do with price matching!

Check in is to give your information and get your boarding pass and luggage tags. You can do it any time after final payment.

You can actually do the online check in as soon as you put a deposit down, you just can't print your boarding pass until final payment is made.

One more question. What if you might possibly have a change in your guest or cruise date? Should I hold off checking in then? Will those things be able to be changed even though I already completed check in and signed the cruise agreement?

One more question. What if you might possibly have a change in your guest or cruise date? Should I hold off checking in then? Will those things be able to be changed even though I already completed check in and signed the cruise agreement?

You would just go back and edit your check in. Same as if you changed flights, wanted to use a different CC for your onboard account and didn't want to change it at the port for the additional paperwork, etc.

I like to check in as soon as I make my deposit because it makes it feel that more real. Then when I make my final payment, I print out my boarding pass. I liked the old days better when they mailed the docs to you.

You do need to understand you don't change cruise dates especially with Early Saver. You cancel and book another cruise. And pay a penalty. Also with ES, name changes are $50.

There is really no advantage or disadvantage to completing on line check in early. Though it is good to have it done before you arrive at port. If you think there will be changes it would make sense to wait.

I had to cancel and book another cruise and all the info including the booking numbers remained intact.