Next promotion

Mr.Sunshine

So that would be UBP, UDP, OBC, and DSC ???

That is my understanding and I have a cruise booked for January 2016 where I'm getting all 3 but have prepaid my DSC. I was told that IF the new promo includes the DSC I can call back in March and they'll add it and make the adjustment.

So....I'm waiting for March 2nd to make the call and see what happens.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

That is my understanding and I have a cruise booked for January 2016 where I'm getting all 3 but have prepaid my DSC. I was told that IF the new promo includes the DSC I can call back in March and they'll add it and make the adjustment.

Harriet

Guess I will be calling as well. My 2015 trip has gone up over $1200 pp since booking, so no messing around with that one. But my 2016 one will likely remain at the same price. If it goes up in price in relation to the new promo, it will be come quite clear to me that these promos are built into the fares 100%... (which I already believe they are).

Guess I will be calling as well. My 2015 trip has gone up over $1200 pp since booking, so no messing around with that one. But my 2016 one will likely remain at the same price. If it goes up in price in relation to the new promo, it will be come quite clear to me that these promos are built into the fares 100%... (which I already believe they are).

I checked my 2016 booking and as of today the price is the same. Will check again before I call on the 2nd.

My June 2015 I'm not touching as it's not for a suite and the deal I booked for was a great one!

Harriet

Per my TA, you pick from one of the following:

1. drink package

2. dining package

3. OBC

4. prepaid gratuities for guest 1 and 2

Haven get all 4.

This is combinable with the 10% OBC the TA is offering...:D

Edited by nyc12345

1. drink package

2. dining package

3. OBC

Haven get all 4.

I would almost assume suites also get all 4. The current promo includes the first three, listed above, for guests staying in suites.

1. drink package

2. dining package

3. OBC

Haven get all 4.

Is friends or family sail free (or half off) part of the new promo starting tomorrow ????

Harriet

Harriet, is that a CAS booking? I have a APril 2016 booked thru CAS with the current perks, and havent pre-paid grats yet.

Terry

Harriet, is that a CAS booking? I have a APril 2016 booked thru CAS with the current perks, and havent pre-paid grats yet.

Terry

Yes, it is a CAS booking. I prepaid my grats just yesterday knowing they were going up March 1st.

What gave it away......calling March 2nd? LOL

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Hi all...

I booked under the current promo in a suite and two balconies so got UDP for all and everything else (UBP, OBC) for the suite. I prepaid DSC for the suite only at this time.

Can I cancel and rebook on March 1st and also get free DSC for all three rooms or just the balconies? In other words, should I only try to rebook the two balcony cabins in order to save the DSC?

I will review the current cruise fares for the same rooms and see if the base fare went up since I booked but I'd love to save the DSC.....as long as this has no impact on the staff

Thanks everyone!:)

I'm having a real hard time not booking a Suite under this promotion. I'm a Carnival fan but a suite for 4 for $3400? 3

Come on over to the dark side:D

And not a Carnival suite, an NCL suite. Trust me, having done both there is no comparison whatsoever. You will believe you've been inducted into royalty. AND, with UBP for the first 2, soda package for the others & UDP for all it would be a cruise you'll be talking about for a very long time.

Hi all...

I booked under the current promo in a suite and two balconies so got UDP for all and everything else (UBP, OBC) for the suite. I prepaid DSC for the suite only at this time.

Can I cancel and rebook on March 1st and also get free DSC for all three rooms or just the balconies? In other words, should I only try to rebook the two balcony cabins in order to save the DSC?

Most likely yes but that means losing the UDP that you have chosen for balconies. From what I've read (since I've been unable to see the terms yet myself, I might be wrong), the prepaid DSC is an extra option to choose, not free on top of the one option already chosen.

Harriet

I called CAS this morning. They're refunding me the cost of the DSC that I prepaid and are adding it to my other perks for me. The cost of my trip did not go up at all!

Harriet

I called CAS this AM too. Very easy. 3 people in a Haven Suite. We already had UDP for all, UBP for first two and soda for third person; 300 OBC, and 3rd person sails free. They added gratuities to the package for the first two, nothing else changed, and they sent me a new amenities confirmation.

Terry

I called CAS this AM too. Very easy. 3 people in a Haven Suite. We already had UDP for all, UBP for first two and soda for third person; 300 OBC, and 3rd person sails free. They added gratuities to the package for the first two, nothing else changed, and they sent me a new amenities confirmation.

Terry

Yep, very easy. We're just two in the suite and they sent me new confirmation as well as amenities confirmation. Now......is it January yet?!

I'm hoping prices go down between now and then as I'd like to move to a 2-bedroom instead of courtyard. I'm traveling with my SIL and as much as I love her I don't want to sleep in the same bed and I don't believe these beds separate so one of us, probably me, will take the couch. However, if prices go down they might not have this promotion so it'll be a lot to think about if and when that time comes!

Harriet

We are in a Haven two bedroom. Got very lucky with a very good CAS rep. Called to see what they could offer, told her we were looking at Western med in April 2016 and were not wedded to a particular date - just sometime in April, and asked for pricing for aft penthouse and for courtyard penthouse for just DH and me. She gave both prices to me, and then said "Don't know if you noticed it, but on [one date in April] the 2 bedroom haven is actually less expensive than either the aft or the Courtyard. I thought maybe it was an error but it isn't -- seems to be because Penthouses are almost sold out on that sailing and there is wide availability for the Haven two bedrooms." I hadn't noticed it, nor would I ever notice it, because since it was just the 2 of us I wouldn't even bother to look at the 2 bedrooms. So I booked the 2 bedroom in December for just me and DH. Then they added the promotion for UBP and UDP and OBC. And I called and got that. Then they added 3rd sails free, and I called and added my SIL for 199 in port taxes. Then they added new promo for grats and I called this morning and got that. Best deal I have ever gotten on any line to anywhere....

Terry

Did you have a discounted room or a full suite comp?

Comp suite

Not sure if it would actually make a difference. One could upgrade but then again you're bound to what your comp is and not the paid upgrade.

If discounted I think it would be on what you paid.

Harriet

Just amended our reservation to include the prepaid DSC, our deposit went up $250, but our final payment t went down so we are ahead of the game, I highly doubt a better deal will come along between now and then but one never knows, received new confirmation and amenities emails to reflect the changes, the whole process took 5 minutes most of which was casual conversation with the rep, Thanks NCL!!