Coral World - Worth it?

LuCruise

We're coming with out 10.5 and 6.5 year old. Our ship arrives at St Thomas around 10am and is there until dinner hour. I'm thinking of maybe going to Coral World and then Coki beach (or other way around).

Is Coral World worth it (will cost us around $60 for the day)? Or is a tourist trap?

And if it is good, would you suggest we go there first? Or go to Coki beach first? I've heard the beach gets busy pretty quickly.

Coki and Coral World are literally next door to each other. You can check out the beach and see which one you want to do first. Look at the Coral World map and schedule of activities which you get when you go in. Make sure you see the ones that interest you: fish feeding times, stingray feeding times, pet the shark, etc. Coral World is popular with the locals, too. Not just for tourists!

Thanks for the responses. That's good if Coral World has lockers so that we can store any beach stuff while there. I think there is a restaurant there as well? And how long do you typically spend looking at the exhibits?

My husband and I went to Coral World and we spent about 2 hours. You could certainly spend more time, especially with children. There are some wonderful hands-on exhibits in which the children can touch the animals. I have been to a number of large sea world type settings, but I still found Coral World very enjoyable.

My husband and I went to Coral World and we spent about 2 hours. You could certainly spend more time, especially with children. There are some wonderful hands-on exhibits in which the children can touch the animals. I have been to a number of large sea world type settings, but I still found Coral World very enjoyable.

Thanks...so plan on at least 2hrs or more, which would work well if we wanted a couple hours at the beach.