UBP at Harvest Caye?

hawk1972

Harvest Caye is already open and has been for a while now. No one has reported being able to use the UBP or room card for purchases there. It is not like Great Stirrup Cay, it is much more like Costa Maya with private business's and tours. Nothing is mentioned in the T&C's about using it there. The T&C's do mention Great Stirrup.

Harvest Caye is already open and has been for a while now. No one has reported being able to use the UBP or room card for purchases there. It is not like Great Stirrup Cay, it is much more like Costa Maya with private business's and tours. Nothing is mentioned in the T&C's about using it there. The T&C's do mention Great Stirrup.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Trujillo (Honduras).

I do not believe ships call on Harvest Caye until Nov 2015...

Harvest Caye is not opening until late 2015. There are still groups working to get it stopped, protesting environmental impact . Others are protesting that cruise passengers will no longer go to Belize city and ruin the tourist trade there.

Very hot - button issue"

A quick google will get you lots of info.

From what I've seen on NCL.com and other sites, you are right hunterjackson, this is not scheduled to be open until fall 2015. It is a small, undeveloped, 75 acre island purchased by NCL, so therefore I would expect it to be run similarly to its other private island. Perhaps it is not yet mentioned in the T&C and there are no reports of the UBP being used because it is still under development.

One significant difference between Harvest Caye and GSC is that passengers will have access to Placencia on the mainland. For that reason I suspect Harvest Caye will operate like Mahogany Bay on Roatan rather than a private island beach stop.

I hope I am wrong on this as we will be calling on Harvest Caye in November.

• 1 year later...

It looks like NCL just updated there website and it says you CANNOT use your UBP on Harvest Caye. https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

What a huge disappointment...Especially considering they have the most expensive (or one of the most) Beverage packages in the industry. Dont get me started on how they do not offer specialty coffees or bottles of water like the others do. Guess NCL will be a first and last for me with their nickel and diming.

we were there last week on opening day and it is true that you cannot use the UBP. You also have to pay for food at the overpriced LANDSHARK BAR. There is nothing free food/drink wise on the island BUT the liquor store is the cheapest in the Caribbean. Overall, the island was a huge let down.

we were there last week on opening day and it is true that you cannot use the UBP. You also have to pay for food at the overpriced LANDSHARK BAR. There is nothing free food/drink wise on the island BUT the liquor store is the cheapest in the Caribbean. Overall, the island was a huge let down.

Thanks for the review. Is the alcohol sold right where the ship docks? If so is it something that can easily be enjoyed on the beach? Not to sound like a lush lol but it would be nice to know we can enjoy some affordable drinks instead of the expensive ship ones.

Thanks!

NCL is clearly attempting to expand their nickel and dime menu to the new island.

I have no desire to visit there based up this strategy.

Fans of GSC better pray that this blows up in NCL's face as they are just waiting for a reason to apply this new model to GSC and get another cha-ching.