Couples Bathing Ritual & Massage on Oasis

Has anyone done this recently? I would like to surprise the wife with this but the description and previous posts on this treatment are vague at best.

What is this treatment really and is it worth the rather steep price?

Appreciate any insight.

We did the treatment on another ship. Spa personnel show you the room and explain the different muds, etc. They then leave the room and you lock the door and undress. It is like a steam room and you have all kind of muds to rub all over each other and explore whatever you want. At the certain point, showers start to come on and you rinse off to clean up.

It was a good time. We don't do it ever cruise, but every few cruise for some quality alone time. Like anything on the cruise. Is it overpriced, yes. But to splurge for something special, sure.

• 3 weeks later...
I booked it. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

I'll post a more in depth review when we get back from our cruise in May.

Thanks.

My wife and I did this package (or something similar) when we sailed on Oasis on 2013. We did a handful of spa services during the course of the week so I can't really recall which items were grouped with what. All told we booked the thermal suite for the week, couples massage, and then two couple treatments. The first was simply a couples hot tub for an hour or so with a specific therapeutic treatment in the water (muscle relaxer, skin treatment, etc). The second sounds more like the above where you entered a room and there were various treatments to apply to each other. You start with an exfoliator scrub, the showers turn on at a set time and you wash that off, then you use a cooling mud. At the rear of the room is a smaller alcove sauna almost which turns on automatically and you sit in there and let the mud rinse off.

We are currently booked to sail the Oasis again this fall and will definitely look into doing at least the thermal suite again. Its always nice to escape the hustle and bustle of the ship.

We were gifted this spa treatment on our honeymoon cruise, and all I can say is that it was a complete waste of time and money. We have a multi headed shower unit at home in our bathroom that had more pressure than that found on the ship, and the mud thing is really not that soothing or calming. Whilst grateful for the gift, I would not recommend this overpriced service to anyone :eek: