Celebrity Formals in Alaska : )

SayinHi2Cruising

Hi Cruisers,

We were on Princess 3 years ago (once only on that line and not again) But,

the point I want to get to.. is on that cruise, on formal nights, which there were only two.. people did not dress up.. there were a few in nice dresses, like nice Sunday clothes. But there were also people in jeans and such..

We have been on many Celebrity cruises and take pride that people respect what forma nights mean and do dress, because they enjoy it.

So... question. When we go on our May cruise on Celebrity to Alaska.. will folks be dressing on formal nights.. and does anyone know how many formals will be in Alaska on a 12 N cruise ???

Thank you bunches, Susan

There were 3 formal nights on our 12 night Alaska cruise last year. Folks were dressed appropriately. Did not see as many long dresses or Tuxedos as we have on TAs or cruises out of Southampton. Men in suits or jackets & cocktail dresses or pants & fancy tops for ladies.

Passengers will, for the most part, "make an effort" on formal nights. it won't be a whole lot different than you have seen on previous Crlebrity cruises.

And there will Probably be fewer long gowns than you see on transatlantics, but those who want to follow the published dress code will be in the majority.

After several Alaskan cruises, my take on this is that there are fewer tuxes and true formal attire. With the need to pack for a variety of temps and with airline baggage costs, we have seen more cocktail attire. By cocktail, I means mean men in suits and women in dressy slacks and tops. Yes, there were men in open collars and women in "Sunday" dresses, but most were attired as I described.

Edited by Straughn