Disembarkation in Rotterdam - flight departure time

Ka Honu

Is it reasonable to book a noon flight back to the US out of Schiphol (AMS) after arriving at Rotterdam cruise terminal at 7 AM?

If not, does anyone know of a decent (moderately priced) hotel in the area for an overnight stay?

Thanks.

In theory it can work but does not leave much time to "manouvre".

Train journey from Rotterdam to Schiphol Airport (car/taxi journey is taking extra time in the morning: heavy traffic!) is around 55 minutes. You can take the Fyra train (=high speed and gain some time). As you fly to the USA recommendation checkin is 3 hours prior to departure: conclusion it is a tight travel schedule.

Plenty hotels in Rotterdam (SS Rotterdam or Art Hotel nearby and many more in the city). You may also already travel to Amsterdam and stay at an airport hotel and take the train into the historical city centre (19 minutes from the airport). HAL also offers packages for extended stay.

It is worth it to shop around via your TA or lookvia the internet.

Enjoy your stay!:)

Is it reasonable to book a noon flight back to the US out of Schiphol (AMS) after arriving at Rotterdam cruise terminal at 7 AM?

If not, does anyone know of a decent (moderately priced) hotel in the area for an overnight stay?

Thanks.

It depends on which day you arrive in Rotterdam. When disembarking on saturday , it gives you 2 hrs to get the airport, if you want to arrive 3 hrs prior to departure. From the pier to the Central Station in Rotterdam is about 15 minutes tops with a taxi. Train to Schiphol with Intercity Direct is 26 minutes. Checkout this site for traintables : http://www.ns.nl

Of course stay in Rotterdam ! Amsterdam is just is collection of old buildings, Rotterdam is moderen, vibrant and has great architecture and museums.

Hotel tips : HolidayInn Express, Ibis, Atlanta, Inntel these are all in the center and reasonably priced.

No way I would book that close for an International flight.

Good you decided to stay over. Whether staying in Rotterdam or Amsterdam, both are wonderful. :)

Most of Rotterdam was rebuilt after WWII. Almost all of the city was bombed to destruction. Amsterdam has fabulous sights including the NightWatch at Rijksmuseum..... :)

Edited by sail7seas

Why spend a night in Hotel De Rotterdam.... the old s.s. ROTTERDAM... now a hotel. Have drinks in the REAL Oceaan Bar with REAL draught beer! Just minutes away from the ship to ship.

Or for another 'historical' hotel.... Hotel New York. Right next door to the cruise terminal. You can stay in the former Holland America Line Head Office.

Fun places. Hotel New York.... BEST coffee!

de-rotterdam-steam-ship.jpg.b696dd3ee5912db28d80e9643c0a746a.jpg

Div-102-Hotel_New_York-Rotterdam.jpg.ec5553af4c2b2eb86fb7e51fb2d93890.jpg

Bar-Hotel_New_York-Rotterdam.jpg.4a7665b28b50d7f2625969a69db5206e.jpg

993381013_hotel-new-york1.jpg.15c5b4fe1a43b36bf8131e3ff3af98b6.jpg

Why spend a night in Hotel De Rotterdam.... the old s.s. ROTTERDAM... now a hotel. Have drinks in the REAL Oceaan Bar with REAL draught beer! Just minutes away from the ship to ship.

Or for another 'historical' hotel.... Hotel New York. Right next door to the cruise terminal. You can stay in the former Holland America Line Head Office.

Agreed - two bits of real HAL history almost on the cruise terminal's doorstep. And by staying in them, you help to ensure that they're preserved for the future.

I think there are some photos via the link in my signature.

Rotterdam is an amazing city. DEFINITELY take the SS Rotterdam V tour. They provide free shuttles to/from the pier to it.

If you care I have some photos of Rotterdam from my live from thread we did in September. I loved it more than Amsterdam, quite a bit, honesty. Amsterdam felt like a museum, Rotterdam feels like a vibrant city.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095784

Decided to stay the extra night and got a good deal with an almost free room from hotels.com. Thanks.

Good for you ! Which hotel did you book ? And what date if I may ask , I can check if there are special events on that day.