Atlantis Excursion?

aehusk

Hello,

My husband and our two young children (ages 4 & 3) will be traveling with Carnival in April. Our first stop will be in Nassau and I really want to do an Atlantis excursion, except I'm not keen on spending over $600 for the 4 of us to go for the day. I don't need to pay Carnival, we don't need the fancy shuttle to bring us there, etc. We just want to go for the day and get all the same things - waterpark, pools, beach, etc.

Have any of you ever done an Atlantis excursion on your own? Was the cost significantly less? What comes with the daily pass purchased directly through Atlantis?

Thank you!

You can buy the pass at Atlantis for around $140 for adults, not sure of the price for kids. You can take a cab for $4 pp. we've been there twice, and always left younger kids back on the ship. The property is huge, and the high cost is only worth it (imo) is you are going to utilize the big slides and rough lazy river (I wouldn't bring little ones on it). The beach surf is usually really rough.

Also, check out the Comfort Inn next door...a day room there will get you passes to Atlantis, too.

Hopefully, you'll be there all day. Some port times are only a few hours...not worth the money for 1/2 day!

Also, check out the Comfort Inn next door...a day room there will get you passes to Atlantis, too.

Hopefully, you'll be there all day. Some port times are only a few hours...not worth the money for 1/2 day!

Do they still do this? Their site says they do not offer day rooms.

My husband and I did Atlantis with my 3 year old son a few years ago. We did buy the pass from the cruise ship, however, there was no charge for my son since he was 3 or younger. It cost a lot but well worth it. We had a blast!!! My son and I did the "lazy" river many times. We got a double tube and he wore a life vest that they provide free of charge and had lots of fun. I would do it again in a heart beat - in fact we are doing it again this coming August! We got there by 10am and left at 4ish. If you don't have at least 6 hrs at port, then I would pass.