Are there any private operators for the 26 Glacier Cruise/Anchorage?

CowPrincess

Phillips Cruises offers a 26 Glacier cruise from Anchorage. This is the same cruise that is offered through Holland America shore excursions. I'd prefer to find a private operator, but google is not being my friend on this :(

Does anyone know of another operator in Anchorage that does this tour, or a similar one? Thanks in advance!

Phillips Cruises offers a 26 Glacier cruise from Anchorage. This is the same cruise that is offered through Holland America shore excursions. I'd prefer to find a private operator, but google is not being my friend on this :(

Does anyone know of another operator in Anchorage that does this tour, or a similar one? Thanks in advance!

I'm a little confused... Phillips is a private operator... They are not affiliated with any cruise company and are locally owned.

They offer a glacier cruise in Prince William Sound. They use a catamaran style boat to zoom between 26 different glaciers.

http://www.phillipscruises.com/

The other option is Major Marine Tours. They offer cruises that just visit one or two glaciers, so you get more time to see calving and less time going from spot to spot.

https://majormarine.com/tour-areas/prince-william-sound/

Or if you want to go smaller, there's Lazy Otter. http://www.lazyotter.com/

Oh, and none of these cruises depart from Anchorage. They depart from Whittier, about an hour south of Anchorage.

Edited by AKStafford

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Holland America uses Phillips as their tour operator for the 26 Glacier cruise shore excursion. We could take that but I'd prefer something less cruise-ship-tour-like.

We will be docking in Anchorage. I'd prefer some operator that offers transportation to and from the actual excursion. So far, it just seems messy to get to Whittier on our own. And I worry about the timing, since it has been reported that there have been late dockings in Anchorage.

Thanks for the links. If I had a few days in Anchorage (or Whittier) I'd be all over that lazyotter one ;)

There are a few vendors listed in the Whittier web site. I'm pretty sure that brusselsgirl used Lazy Otter for their day cruise. Check her trip report for her thoughts on the experience.

http://www.whittieralaskachamber.org/

The other vendors are small so they will probably not have ties for a transfer other than the usual ... Alaska Railroad, Park Connection Bus, Seward Buslines.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Holland America uses Phillips as their tour operator for the 26 Glacier cruise shore excursion. We could take that but I'd prefer something less cruise-ship-tour-like.

We will be docking in Anchorage. I'd prefer some operator that offers transportation to and from the actual excursion. So far, it just seems messy to get to Whittier on our own. And I worry about the timing, since it has been reported that there have been late dockings in Anchorage.

Thanks for the links. If I had a few days in Anchorage (or Whittier) I'd be all over that lazyotter one ;)

I went with Major Marine twice this year from Anchorage, with their included transportation. Last year was $50 per person additional. I was very surprised that the driver (I had the same one both trips) included a stop for the bore tide. :) Was sincerely appreciative since I had my first time visitor nephew with me who had never seen this. They contract with Magic Bus, who is a well established company out of Anchorage. I do have a preference for the more costly Surprise Glacier, but have greatly enjoyed their Blackstone glacier tours as well. You can go on either with their transportation.

You can also use the RR for the transfer.