Can't reach Celebrity: anyone know how to reach "Post Cruise" Division?

Flafun888

Hoping for some advice on how I can reach Post Cruise Division directly or someone higher up to ask a question. I tried to book a cruise while onboard Constellation last week. They were constantly busy, but I met w/rep at last on final nite of cruise. He keyed in all my info and explained options. I wanted to briefly discuss Reserved vs Open Passage w/my DH, who was at the gym at the time. Unfortunately their office closed at 9pm and we missed the window to finalize.

I'm still hoping I may have a chance to book that Open Passage, since I did wait in line and meet with the rep while onboard. But I can't seem to reach anyone who can help me. I called/emailed from home less than 24 hours after disembarking. 4 emails to Captain's Club in past week....no answer. 3 attempted emails to customer service, requesting they be fwded to Post Cruise Division...no answer. 3 calls to Captain's Club- first rep said they couldn't help me. Called back to ask if they had the direct number for onboard booking..2nd rep gave me a number which was wrong. Next person told me I needed "Post Cruise" dept...but also gave me the wrong # - when I called it looped me back to general customer service #.) Made 2 more calls to general customer service: 30 & 40 min on hold each time before I had to give up and get back to work.

I can't ask my last TA for help because I want to keep this cert w/Celebrity for now, until I know the cruise I want and can compare TA offers.

Thursday will be 1 week since cruise ended. Should I just give up or are there other avenues? So frustrated at Celebrity right now. If they say no, I'm fine w/that: just want the courtesy of an answer. Love their cruises, but worst customer service from their offices I have ever experienced. :mad:

Hoping for some advice on how I can reach Post Cruise Division directly or someone higher up to ask a question. I tried to book a cruise while onboard Constellation last week. They were constantly busy, but I met w/rep at last on final nite of cruise. He keyed in all my info and explained options. I wanted to briefly discuss Reserved vs Open Passage w/my DH, who was at the gym at the time. Unfortunately their office closed at 9pm and we missed the window to finalize.

I'm still hoping I may have a chance to book that Open Passage, since I did wait in line and meet with the rep while onboard. But I can't seem to reach anyone who can help me. I called/emailed from home less than 24 hours after disembarking. 4 emails to Captain's Club in past week....no answer. 3 attempted emails to customer service, requesting they be fwded to Post Cruise Division...no answer. 3 calls to Captain's Club- first rep said they couldn't help me. Called back to ask if they had the direct number for onboard booking..2nd rep gave me a number which was wrong. Next person told me I needed "Post Cruise" dept...but also gave me the wrong # - when I called it looped me back to general customer service #.) Made 2 more calls to general customer service: 30 & 40 min on hold each time before I had to give up and get back to work.

I can't ask my last TA for help because I want to keep this cert w/Celebrity for now, until I know the cruise I want and can compare TA offers.

Thursday will be 1 week since cruise ended. Should I just give up or are there other avenues? So frustrated at Celebrity right now. If they say no, I'm fine w/that: just want the courtesy of an answer. Love their cruises, but worst customer service from their offices I have ever experienced. :mad:

Try: contactmicheal@celebrity.com

Just know that you will not hear back from any emails for at least a few days to weeks. ;)

You may want your TA to help after all. We had a similar situation a few years ago. The TA that I had been working with was able to take care of it for me.

Were you on Connie Feb 21st sailing. I had the same problem. I had a choice of two sailings I wanted to lock in. Was told to let them know but could not get with them after several try's because they were so busy. Please keep this updated and let me know if you how this was rectified.

Just know that you will not hear back from any emails for at least a few days to weeks. ;)

You may want your TA to help after all. We had a similar situation a few years ago. The TA that I had been working with was able to take care of it for me.

Good to hear it worked out for you...I just feel a bit awkward asking my TA to spend time chasing this down when I'm not sure I'll be using her for next cruise and want cert to be open. If I were an Aqua or suite customer or had booked multiple cruises with her, it would be diff. But for now I'm an OV/Verandah booking...not a big commission, so I'm sensitive to respecting her time.

Hi there,

If you can send us an email to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com, we can assist!

Thank you very much for your suggestion...I did send a note to "Contact Michael" address recommended earlier. Since I received an auto message confirm back, I'll wait to see if that generates any response...and perhaps cc above address as well. Thanks!

Edited by Flafun888

Were you on Connie Feb 21st sailing. I had the same problem. I had a choice of two sailings I wanted to lock in. Was told to let them know but could not get with them after several try's because they were so busy. Please keep this updated and let me know if you how this was rectified.

Yup...that was my sailing. Candidly, I've already lost several hours between all the emailing, calling and on-hold times that have far exceeded the value of this open passage $75 OBC. So if I don't hear back, I'm done trying. But will definitely come back to this thread to update you within a week or so.

I have this number listed as post cruise assistance. The last option of the prompts could be the one you are looking for. 1-800-256-6649

A link to the Celebrity website page for all the different methods of contacting Celebrity, be it email or phone. If you are outside of the North America region, click on the "International" tab and see if something there is more appropriate.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport#footer_page_contact_us_domestic_tab/contact-us/contact-us-domestic%3Fsubtab=true

Edited by vulcan1971

A link to the Celebrity website page for all the different methods of contacting Celebrity, be it email or phone. If you are outside of the North America region, click on the "International" tab and see if something there is more appropriate.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport#footer_page_contact_us_domestic_tab/contact-us/contact-us-domestic%3Fsubtab=true

In the past, regarding another issue, I have used the "email" contact on the Celebrity website on six different occasions.

I have NEVER received any responses from that email method.

In the past, regarding another issue, I have used the "email" contact on the Celebrity website on six different occasions.

I have NEVER received any responses from that email method.

Good to know... I recently used this method (past week) to ask a question on a topic I wanted some clarification and have not heard anything back.

Unfortunately, some of the contact numbers and email addresses on the UK website were incorrect last time I needed one so I hold out little hope for the UK contact details on the US website being correct.

Unfortunately, some of the contact numbers and email addresses on the UK website were incorrect last time I needed one so I hold out little hope for the UK contact details on the US website being correct.

Also good to know... funny that my question I asked last week was about other information contained on the website (possibly needing an update) about cellular service providers on the fleet.

Maybe our friendly Celebrity person on Cruise Critic can take this message to the powers to be and get some much needed updates to the contact information on the website.

Thank you...appreciate the help!

In the past, regarding another issue, I have used the "email" contact on the Celebrity website on six different occasions. I have NEVER received any responses from that email method.

Same here. I also emailed Captain's Club several times and never once received a response from them either. Now I'm really just a peon in Celebrity's world, given that I've only purchased one cruise so far. I can only imagine how annoyed a suite customer or long-time cruiser must be when they have paid Celebrity tens of thousands of dollars over the years and don't even get the courtesy of a reply.

Same here. I also emailed Captain's Club several times and never once received a response from them either. Now I'm really just a peon in Celebrity's world, given that I've only purchased one cruise so far. I can only imagine how annoyed a suite customer or long-time cruiser must be when they have paid Celebrity tens of thousands of dollars over the years and don't even get the courtesy of a reply.

Believe me we do not feel happy. It took 10 1/2 weeks to sort out our latest problem with a Celebrity reservation and we only managed to do that because someone on one of our roll calls passed on to me the name of a contact she had in Celebrity UK. [That reservation alone is for "tens of thousands of dollars".]

Edited by Project_gal

Promised I'd get back to you - so here I am. No go. After all the service emails to "michael" and "concerns"; all the CC emails, 2 diff 30+ minute hold times and all the detailed voicemails I left, the company palmed me off to a general Celebrity travel rep who left me a voicemail saying he understands "I was interested in booking a cruise". ? His first words when I reached him (and had to explain the situation all over again because no one shared my emails) were "I highly doubt you can get any onboard voucher, but I'll check". Not 20 seconds later, he said his supervisor said "no exceptions" - it must be done aboard ship. I explained that I already tried: waited in line, talked to onboard sales...they took my info as proof..but just missed their office closing time and they were busy most of the short cruise. Since offer is nonrefundable, just wanted to talk w/my husband. No dice says the supervisor. "There are no exceptions." Yeah right...this forum is filled with exceptions.:) The rep was very nice and polite....so I will give him that.

It's silly and illogical on my part, but even though I had a great first cruise with Celebrity, I honestly have no desire to do business with this company ever again. It wasn't their petty refusal to sell me the Open Passage voucher. It's only $75 obc for a 7 day sailing (although imo, it's pretty shortsighted and stupid on their part to instantly reject a passenger who did cruise; waited in line onboard and wants to give a nonrefundable deposit.)

I'm aggravated over the complete lack of courtesy, caring and respect for my time. I'm low-key and easygoing, as anyone can see from my other posts. I'm patient when lines are long; when service isn't always the friendliest or when things go wrong. But this experience has irritated me beyond belief - because I was asking for something so minor and had to waste so much of my time on hold, given wrong information repeatedly and treated like I didn't matter at all. The last rep couldn't even bother to remember the message I left him. When he called back, I had to re-explain the whole thing that I just explained on his voicemail not 1 hr earlier! Then my request was dismissed in less than a minute. I run a business and couldn't begin to fathom treating customers like this...I'd have no customers.

OK: thanks everyone for letting me rant a little :D - and for all your helpful phone numbers and email addresses. The people on this forum are wonderful and so generous with their time and advice. I learned so much from you as I researched and booked my first cruise.

Thinking I might look into another line for my 2nd cruise - maybe Princess. I just don't feel good about doing business with RCI/Celebrity right now. Maybe that feeling will pass though. Thank you again, everyone!

I am sorry for your experience. I understand how frustrated you must feel. But my question to you would be: Did you enjoy your cruise? Because to say you don't want to sail on Celebrity again based on your experiences with the staff shoreside seems shortsighted. If I were to judge Celebrity on their website, I would never, NEVER, sail with them again. Constantly telling me I have no reservations, or I can't access them...etc, etc. But I love every Celebrity cruise I have ever been on and so I just accept that there are some things about Celebrity I think are abysmal...but my experience on board is not one of them.

Promised I'd get back to you - so here I am. No go. After all the service emails to "michael" and "concerns"; all the CC emails, 2 diff 30+ minute hold times and all the detailed voicemails I left, the company palmed me off to a general Celebrity travel rep who left me a voicemail saying he understands "I was interested in booking a cruise". ? His first words when I reached him (and had to explain the situation all over again because no one shared my emails) were "I highly doubt you can get any onboard voucher, but I'll check". Not 20 seconds later, he said his supervisor said "no exceptions" - it must be done aboard ship. I explained that I already tried: waited in line, talked to onboard sales...they took my info as proof..but just missed their office closing time and they were busy most of the short cruise. Since offer is nonrefundable, just wanted to talk w/my husband. No dice says the supervisor. "There are no exceptions." Yeah right...this forum is filled with exceptions.:) The rep was very nice and polite....so I will give him that.

It's silly and illogical on my part, but even though I had a great first cruise with Celebrity, I honestly have no desire to do business with this company ever again. It wasn't their petty refusal to sell me the Open Passage voucher. It's only $75 obc for a 7 day sailing (although imo, it's pretty shortsighted and stupid on their part to instantly reject a passenger who did cruise; waited in line onboard and wants to give a nonrefundable deposit.)

I'm aggravated over the complete lack of courtesy, caring and respect for my time. I'm low-key and easygoing, as anyone can see from my other posts. I'm patient when lines are long; when service isn't always the friendliest or when things go wrong. But this experience has irritated me beyond belief - because I was asking for something so minor and had to waste so much of my time on hold, given wrong information repeatedly and treated like I didn't matter at all. The last rep couldn't even bother to remember the message I left him. When he called back, I had to re-explain the whole thing that I just explained on his voicemail not 1 hr earlier! Then my request was dismissed in less than a minute. I run a business and couldn't begin to fathom treating customers like this...I'd have no customers.

OK: thanks everyone for letting me rant a little :D - and for all your helpful phone numbers and email addresses. The people on this forum are wonderful and so generous with their time and advice. I learned so much from you as I researched and booked my first cruise.

Thinking I might look into another line for my 2nd cruise - maybe Princess. I just don't feel good about doing business with RCI/Celebrity right now. Maybe that feeling will pass though. Thank you again, everyone!

So sorry to hear the results. I'm not surprised that the answer was "no"; however amsurprisedat the lack of caring as reported. The Future Cruise voucher is only available on the ship asan incentive to place a down payment. They hardly allow for an exception since they would not want to be bombarded with people who claimed the same problem.In your case there were indeed crowds and lines at most times. They even opened early on disembarkation day for reservations. They would argue that although busy, you could have waited and would have been served. All of this doesn't excuse their behavior.All customers no matter how many times they've cruised should be treated with respect.

Here's an idea if you do want to book another Celebrity cruise; If you know and trust someone on board a cruise you could give them your credit card information and have them book for you. You would get the onboard booking benefits. I've done this and have witnessed others doing the same. The people onboard tend to do everything they can to help you. I know that you experienced the service on Constellation. Hopefully, your feelings will fade over time and you'll return to aline you enjoy. Whatever the case I truly hope that you enjoy any future cruises whatever the line.

Thanks guys...guess I'm just a bit cranky over the whole thing and it feels good to vent :D But the mature grownup inside me (she's hiding in there somewhere) certainly realizes this is hardly an earthshaking issue, compared to life's real and many serious problems. I do appreciate your comments...thank you.

And yes, Helen: I LOVED the cruise!

Edited by Flafun888

Thanks guys...guess I'm just a bit cranky over the whole thing and it feels good to vent :D But the mature grownup inside me (she's hiding in there somewhere) certainly realizes this is hardly an earthshaking issue, compared to life's real and many serious problems. I do appreciate your comments...thank you.

And yes, Helen: I LOVED the cruise!

The feeling will pass, as you seem to have realised now. One of the important functions of Cruise Critic is to allow you to vent your feelings.

We have, in our cruise careers, had two less than satisfactory cruises. In those cases, Celebrity have stepped up to the mark and made us feel better about it in the way they handled it post cruise. They recognised that they failed to handle the situations correctly. We were very quickly over those incidents.

More often now [probably 1 in 3 cruises], we have had issues with our reservations pre-cruise. We have not requested anything unreasonable. We have just tried to get what Celebrity categorically promised. Each time it has taken a very long time [over a year in one case] to get our reservations in order. With the three cruises we currently have booked, earlier this week I finally received a correct confirmation invoice for the third cruise after 10 1/2 weeks. Two days later, Celebrity applied a surcharge to our second cruise when they allocated our flights! [before anyone from north America jumps in here. We are in the UK, Choice Air does not apply. Flights are handled differently here.] In ten years, this has never happened before and, in my opinion, unjustified for the cruise in question.

Apologies for the long explanation. The point is that I spend most of my time on shore stressing over how Celebrity deal with our reservations. It is small stuff. The latest surcharge is less than 1% of the total cruise cost but the principle really gets to me. Once on board, it all falls away. [There were even great aspects of our two less than satisfactory cruises.]