Miami restaurants-near Brickell

MYGAVIN03

Hi! We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell the night before our cruise. Looking for some restaurants recs...need to be kid friendly as we will have 4 kids with us. Not a big fan of chain restaurants, looking for standard fare-pizza, pasta, steak, burgers etc. Thanks!

Hi! We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell the night before our cruise. Looking for some restaurants recs...need to be kid friendly as we will have 4 kids with us. Not a big fan of chain restaurants, looking for standard fare-pizza, pasta, steak, burgers etc. Thanks!

For Italian there is Vapiano's on Brickell Ave. Yes it's a chain, but it's good and very reasonable. Perricone's is another place and families are there all the time. Stanzione 87 has great pizza.

Over at Mary Brickell Village is Burger & Beer Joint, Fado's Irish Pub and Dokura Sushi. Brother Jimmy's is there and though I love the staff, the food is just okay. The other places in the area are chain restaurants like Rosa Mexicano & PF Changs.

Batch Gastropub is at the bottom of your hotel.

There is a Japanese BBQ place around the corner, you can cook your own food on the table barbecues. Different and lots of families are always there. It's called Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ.

L'Entrecote de Paris is a steak frite place and again, many families are there.

Practically next door is City Slickers for sammies and salads.

http://eatcityslickers.com/

On the other side of Brickell Ave and down SE12th St a block or two is

Crazy About You

http://crazyaboutyourestaurant.com/main.php

City Slickers does makes some great sandwiches and salads, but they are really more like a subway. It's a great place for lunch.

I'm not sure that crazy about you has a children's menu, do they? Whenever I've been there I haven't seen kids.