Hyatt Pier 66 and Other Hyatts in Fort Lauderdale

Meena

Having just booked another cruise for Jan 2016, our TA put us at the Hyatt Pier 66. This past Feb she put us at the Dania Beach one and there wasn't even a safe in the room. Previously, we were at the one on 17th or 18th Ave, which was okay. From TripAdvisor, it doesn't seem like this Pier 66 is that great. My question to you is where can we book where the room is clean, decent, has an in-room safe and there are restaurants within walking distance. Also, I don't know if its the time of the year now that we booked, but the prices seem very high. Thank to everyone in advance.

Have you looked at Hyatt Place- Convention center? Pretty popular. It's right near the embassy suites on 17th st. Booking on valuetrips.com gives you good rates..but there are blackout dates.

The only Hyatt is Pier 66. There is a Hyatt Place in Ft Lauderdale down the street. There is a Hyatt Place and a Hyatt House in Dania south of the airport. I would rather stay at Pier 66 for a resort with restaurants on site. For just a mid-range hotel, the others are good.

We are booked at Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale this summer. Can we walk to nearby restaurants, the beach, Total Wine, is there a complementary shuttle from the airport (FLL) to Hyatt, is this area safe to be walking at night, and how far is the port (RCCL) from there?

We have stayed at the Courtyard across the street from the beach in the past.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by jjtt

We are booked at Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale this summer. Can we walk to nearby restaurants, the beach, Total Wine, is there a complementary shuttle from the airport (FLL) to Hyatt, is this area safe to be walking at night, and how far is the port (RCCL) from there?

We have stayed at the Courtyard across the street from the beach in the past.

Thanks in advance!!

It would be about a mile along 17th Street I'd guess to harbor Shops, the home to total Wine,the grocery store and restaurants. You need to cross over the bridge. You'll be joined by many other cruisers as that street is very popular with hotels, restaurants and of course Total Wine. You are VERY close to the ships.

You might want to take a look on a google map to get your bearings. The Sun Trolley runs down 17th St and will take you to the beach. Again a mile or so.

It would be about a mile along 17th Street I'd guess to harbor Shops, the home to total Wine,the grocery store and restaurants. You need to cross over the bridge. You'll be joined by many other cruisers as that street is very popular with hotels, restaurants and of course Total Wine. You are VERY close to the ships.

You might want to take a look on a google map to get your bearings. The Sun Trolley runs down 17th St and will take you to the beach. Again a mile or so.

Thanks eandj for your reply! I will check it out on google map.