Courtesy Hold Problem

shof515

I just placed a courtesy hold on a booking, it did not ask me for guest 2 name. When i check the booking online, it says the guest 2 name is TBA and when i try to modify it i get this error:

Name change not allowed for bookings with this rate code.Please call (800) 845-2599 for assistance.

it is an early saver booking. If i call up, are they going to charge me the name change fee due to this glitch? If so, is it best to let the hold expire and try again tomorrow or can i call them up and change it by phone?

I had that happen also. let it expire and then rebook it. Before you place the courtesy hold again - get farther along in the booking. If you get as far as the screen where you make your dining choice before you place the hold, it should save your guests name.

I actually completed the booking with the TBD guest listed thinking I would be able to change it later. I could not, and I had to call carnival to make the change. The lady who helped me was nice and did not charge me to make the change but she did say that usually there is a fee to change the name.

I had that happen as well and just called when I was finalizing my booking. Carnival rep corrected it for me with no penalty. How could they charge a penalty when I hadn't even gotten to the deposit yet? :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I had that happen too. I didn't want to let it expire and rebook because rates had gone up. I paid the deposit online and then called customer service and they updated my 2nd passenger name. No charge and I was also early saver.