Live from the Sea Princess!

susancruzs

Greetings from the Sea Princess!

We are heading towards Vigo, Spain and so far everything is absolutely wonderful!

I flew to London on Friday, arrived on Sat. a.m., went through immigration, customs and there was Princess looking for passengers. About 45 minutes later we were on a bus heading for the port. Very organized, impressive.

I got off the bus, walked to the Platinum desk and was onboard in 5 minutes.

I love the Sea Princess, a perfect size ship! I'm very pleased, to me she looks great! I do have to report that people enjoyed the MUTS last night, Tom Jones Concert, they thought it was great fun (and these were NOT young people)! I was so tired, went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 9:30 but now I feel great!

I got my little receiver, ear phones for daytime so I can't really see what all the fuss is about MUTS. It doesn't really affect anyone as you cannot hear it all without the headphones. (Sorry to bring up a much discussed subject)!

I think the drink prices are still reasonable compared to state side restaurants!

Food last night in the dining room was very good, sitting at a table with 9 people and everyone ate all their food, cleaned plates all around. We do have an older teen at our table, it took him time to choose but he was pleased, too.

I'm on Plaza Deck and really like the location! It is noisy in terms of ship noise, which I read complaints about but that is normal noise to me. Early a.m. the stabilizers going out, speed changes, nighttime versus daytime, the usual things. I thought about changing when I read the reports this summer but I'm glad I didn't. Rough today and people are talking about the motion!

I'm forward and there is more motion than I expected being low but that is fine with me!

Time to get ready for the Cocktail Party!

Susie

Movies Under The Stars - An extremely large screen at the side of the swimming pool. It is good fun-we were able to watch Spider Man while sunbathing - makes a change from reading a book. Not so good at night (10pm screening) when the weather is cold. They do give out blankets, but even that did not help us. :)

Glad you made it to the ship safely and on time, now you have 3 weeks of fun ahead of you. I sailed on the Sea Princess back in Oct 2001 and just love the Sun class ships. Don't foregt to look for my small ship model :)

Have a great cruise.

Doug

I'm glad to hear they're using earphones for MUTS during the day, that takes away a lot of my apprehension about it on a Sun-class ship. What other night-time events are they doing on MUTS? I like Tom Jones, but DH definitely does not. :D

Are you having the time of your life? Please please please give us all the details about the food, especially the desserts! Can you tell I'm hungry right now? :D

Hello again and everything is still wonderful! Missed you CA last night at the Captains Circle Party!!! :-) There was a woman onboard who has been on 279 cruises! Hers did not count for the most days onboard though, she is in the thousands!

I think the deserts have been excellent and all the dinners just great. Tonight I am having rack of lamb, already looked at the menu! :-) I have not gone to the shows, as I am having an ear problem and they are rather too loud for me. Everyone at my table says they are very good. Last night was Piano Man and I did listen to it from the chairs outside and sounded fantastic.

I'm really enjoying the crew onboard, everyone seems so upbeat, friendly, a mix of Asian, Eastern European, Italians onboard, similar to my last cruise on the Golden Princess.

I'll check my Patters and see what's been on the MUTS, I haven't done that yet. I should have as this week the weather is probably warmer than the weather I'll have the next two! :-) Everyone was talking about the Tom Jones one.

Oh, today I was on a tour and talking about staying onboard and this couple says oh you must be Susancruzs, and guess what! Tony UK and his wife, too funny! They are having a great time, too, although I think they like the Millie class ships! :-)

Cute comment about the MUTS, not that noticeable, not a hump at all but depends on your take on it. Some people just love to hate it! I don't even pay any attention to it really and don't think it takes away from the ship at all.

Well, I'll have to dig up info for some of you, don't know who the maitre d is on the ship as that is never of any importance to me.

Time to get ready for dinner, I'll check back later and Knuklehead are you packing yet?

Oh, Doug, I got the model of the Sea Princess for you, too!

Susie

I addressed this on the other thread . But for you darlin I'll revue . Mrs. Knuklehead does the packing .I'm lousy at it and trully hate travel . She packs ,I shlepp the crap around everywhere .I will make sure my 24 oz. cans of brewssky get in the load as I tend to go through it on board . The weather does not look promissing from what I can see .I would be happy if the winds stay light . Glad you are so happy with everything . :p :p

Well, gang, it is turnaround day, the weather is damp and overcast! I did my laundry, walked into Southampton (quite the hike) now I'm back onboard watching everyone arrive. I like sitting at the atrium bar, 6 computers here so I can watch all the activity. The regular internet area by the library is good sized but off the beaten path as they uses it for classes.

OK, the Maitre d'Hotel that you see all around the dining room is Renzo Rotti, friendly, nice look gentleman. Executive chef is Antonio Varriano.

The cruise director is J.J. King and he seems very nice, too. I have not seen Donna (assistant) too much.

The Captain is Julian Burgess and he is very personable, quite humorous.

Tony UK and Angela are great, very upbeat and quite funny. I will let them tell you about the Guernsey snaffu, which a cruise ships worst nightmare!!!

The tendering process coming back to the ship was the worst we had ever seen in any of our combined cruises!

By the way Alan and Alana are onboard which is a very good thing. I have seen them on other cruises and they are fantastic.

If the weather holds out, I am going to try the MUTS tonite, as I missed Tom Jones last cruise! Don't groan men but I love Tom Jones!

I will be more helpful on the entertainment this time as my ear is much better (finally) and I'm sure Tony and Angela will be posting soon, they did go to the shows that I missed!

Cheers! Susie

Hi Suzie, I just realized after reading some posts on "the other board" CM, that this is you! :D This is Jeanne of jeanne and Ellis, so happy to see you posting. We'll be on Sea Princess Dec.3rd, doing the 14 day Grand Caribbean Adventure. Glad to hear that your ear is getting better. I am with you about Tom Jones. Hope they still are showing it in Dec. Enjoy the cruise and look forward to more posts.

Hi Susie, glad you're having fun. Guess CA would have been disappointed to hear 279 cruises, she has almost as many cruises as he has days!

Spend a couple of days in Southampton before my cruise to Norway and enjoyed wandering around town. On the longer cruises you sure have tm watch the shore excursions you sign up for or you'll have a heart attack when you see the final bill :)

Thanks for remembering my ship, have fun on the rest of the cruise.

Doug

(doing the doc dance, 3 weeks until my Dawn Princess to Mexico)

Archived