Friends on MTD on Oasis

Traveling with three families of 4 people next week. Two families have our reservations linked and early traditional dining. Just found out that one of the families is on MTD. Nooo!!! This was going to be one of our guaranteed meeting spots each day. I'm pretty sure it's way too late for them to try to get switched to traditional now and the reason we didn't want MTD was we figured it would be impossible to get 12 people into dining at the same time.

Any suggestions? Some comments on the board say that MTD is exclusively in Silk while other comments here say The Grand is split between MTD and Traditional. Trying to figure out if they can make a reservation for 4 people at 6 pm every night and still get seated with us.

Traveling with three families of 4 people next week. Two families have our reservations linked and early traditional dining. Just found out that one of the families is on MTD. Nooo!!! This was going to be one of our guaranteed meeting spots each day. I'm pretty sure it's way too late for them to try to get switched to traditional now and the reason we didn't want MTD was we figured it would be impossible to get 12 people into dining at the same time.

Any suggestions? Some comments on the board say that MTD is exclusively in Silk while other comments here say The Grand is split between MTD and Traditional. Trying to figure out if they can make a reservation for 4 people at 6 pm every night and still get seated with us.

To my knowledge, guests on Traditional dining are never seated with guests on MTD. I would try to get everyone on the same type of dining.

I told my friend to phone to beg and plead to be put on early Traditional but at one week out I don't know how much good it'll do.

If it does not work out, you should all go to the dining room as soon as you board and see if they can help you.

For what it is worth,

I had 4 cabins totaling 9 people for a March 15 cruise, all linked with early dining. I added a cabin with 2 more people on Monday and early reservation was full so it was put on MTD. I had it waitlisted for early and linked to my other 4 cabins. It was moved off of MTD last night and placed on early dining which was previously full.

For what it is worth,

I had 4 cabins totaling 9 people for a March 15 cruise, all linked with early dining. I added a cabin with 2 more people on Monday and early reservation was full so it was put on MTD. I had it waitlisted for early and linked to my other 4 cabins. It was moved off of MTD last night and placed on early dining which was previously full.

Thanks, that gives me hope. Otherwise, we'll do what clarea suggested and show up at the dining room. Hopefully, the sad puppy dog eyes of our children who want to sit together will sway them. Not to mention the sad puppy dog eyes of the adults! And yes, I figure with 12 people we'll end up with two tables beside each other, but better than being a floor apart.

I don't have a problem with giving people a choice between MTD and traditional, but when our friends are told 9 months out that they can only have MTD it's a bit ridiculous. I've seen too many threads on here about groups of people divided by traditional / MTD. I just didn't realize until today that I was one of those people. :rolleyes: