Quantum Grand Suites 12246 and 12646??

It looks like you are right.

Hi,

However on the Anthem, Cabin 12246 is a GS as we are in it this coming September. Same location but its a GS and on the hump.

Slightly different compared to Quantum.

Steven

I've just looked in the brochure that I have for the year before last when Quantum was announced and it shows the layout with the 2 GS's there...

I've also done 2 mock bookings - it confirms from the deck plans available in the select your stateroom part that Quantum doesn't have them and Anthem does.

Enjoy it in September Saw777 and perhaps you can come back and say whether the balcony is bigger or not? Perhaps they will keep this newer design for Ovation, so will help with those queries too.

• 1 month later...

We are in 12646 on Anthem in January. It is a GS, but I am a bit concerned. Someone posted this picture and it looks like there is still a divider down the middle of the balcony which is really odd. I've asked for someone who is going on the early sailings to report back, but have not heard anything yet. The balcony is much deeper than the other GS's. (Sorry the picture is so small.) I will post one without the annotations.

183290108_Deck12StarboardGS.jpg.4e15801b6cb7e5cd59bff432fe8f7ed4.jpg

11136726_1016122288415212_1740149086450676372_n.jpg.813f29f1cfb171829c764890688b34f7.jpg

Edited by sab490
To add an additional picture.

Oh wow. Not good. We are also booked in this room and booked it for the expansive balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know the outermost section of the divider opens, but not sure about the rest of it. I will let you know if I hear from someone who has seen it up close. Not much I can do about it now. We already moved there from a GS on deck 8 to be close to the Concierge Club. Now no other GS available for our cruise. All things considered not that big a deal, but not what I was expecting.

I know the outermost section of the divider opens, but not sure about the rest of it. I will let you know if I hear from someone who has seen it up close. Not much I can do about it now. We already moved there from a GS on deck 8 to be close to the Concierge Club. Now no other GS available for our cruise. All things considered not that big a deal, but not what I was expecting.

All the GS are gone too on our cruise. I am a bit shocked because we were expecting the larger balcony. Please let me know if you hear (or see) anything else. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
All the GS are gone too on our cruise. I am a bit shocked because we were expecting the larger balcony. Please let me know if you hear (or see) anything else. Thanks!

Dan, our TA is trying to get a definitive answer and I have asked in the Anthem FB group if anyone has been, or will be in either 12646 or 12246. I assume they are both the same. I will let you know if I get any answers.

- Steve

Dan, our TA is trying to get a definitive answer and I have asked in the Anthem FB group if anyone has been, or will be in either 12646 or 12246. I assume they are both the same. I will let you know if I get any answers.

- Steve

Please see my post on the main RCL board. There is indeed a divider down the middle of the balcony. We found out while onboard.

Please see my post on the main RCL board. There is indeed a divider down the middle of the balcony. We found out while onboard.

Yep, I just saw that. Thanks for posting. The irony is we switched to that suite from a GS on 8 to be closer to the Concierge Lounge. They are all booked now so it is too late to switch, but there is no reason this should happen.

Oh my - I too have booked 12646 on Anthem for my only cruise (so far) in 2016. Since there are no other GS available - I'll guess I'll just have to make this a fabulous cruise in spite of the unfortunate balcony configuration. Perhaps if enough people provide feedback, RC will open up the divider. If not - this will no doubt still be a great cruise on a beautiful ship!

Hi,

So my TA phoned up RCCL UK today about cabin 12246 (which we have booked for September) and cabin 12646.

When the ship was designed cabin 12646 was down to be two separate cabins therefore that is why there is a divider on the balcony, whereas 12246 was always meant to be a GS thus no divider on the balcony.

Steven

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Read somewhere on CC that effective Novmber they have moved the dividers in GS on 12. hope that helps,c

Just to be safe - I switched rooms

11242 openned up last week and I switched - now I'm maybe regretting the switch...

I wish someone would post who has actually seen 12646