Hilton Marina or Hilton Garden Inn airport

johnandlinda

You'll have lots of shopping and dining options within walking distance at the Hilton Marina. Not to mention being right on the Intra-Coastal and at a water taxi stop. We have stayed there several times and while it could use updating that has never interfered with our stay. The pool is really beautiful.

We have also stayed in Dania and you are limited to places to walk to although some hotels offer shuttle service. If you do chose that option you might enjoy the Rustic Crab House. They have been in business for 50+ years so must be doing something right.:)

You are kidding right? Nothing quiet or relaxing about the location of the Garden Inn.

By far the Hilton Marina. It is almost across the street from the port.

At the Garden Inn you'll have a VERY chaotic trip to the port.

Agreed the Hilton Marina is appealing, but kinda looking forward to a quieter morning at Garden Inn when its time to head to port...we stayed at Hampton Inn Downtown last trip and shuttle to port was chaotic and long

Experienced cruisers know that shuttles to the port are most often a chaotic, slow event and will use taxis. Personally I don't care if shuttles are offered free....we relax in the morning and don't fight with the system. We are out the door and moving in the cab while people waiting for shuttles are grumbling at their delays. Nothing HAS to be chaotic at the marina...or at any hotel.

I don't understand why you think that Garden Inn will offer a quieter less chaotic morning than Hilton Marina, where you can relax around the very nice pool all morning. From Hilton Marina, you'll be at the port gate in 5 minutes.

Agreed the Hilton Marina is appealing, but kinda looking forward to a quieter morning at Garden Inn when its time to head to port...we stayed at Hampton Inn Downtown last trip and shuttle to port was chaotic and long

+1 to the :confused::confused::confused:

The Hilton Garden Inn is in a pod of four hotels that have a single access road from the very congested intersection of Stirling Rd and Oakwood Blvd. Plus two more hotels across the street and two (soon to be three) more on the other side of I-95. On a Saturday and Sunday morning it could easily take more time to move the couple of blocks from the hotel driveway to I-95 than it would from the Hilton Marina to the Port gates. Now I'm not knocking the Garden Inn; its in a perfect location for someone just wanting a quick transfer from the airport, dinner and a night's sleep (and priced accordingly). But if you felt the port transfer from a downtown hotel on a relatively quiet side street was "chaotic and long" for your peace of mind you need to stay as close to the port as possible.

We are recently back from our cruise on Royal Princess and stayed two nights at the Hilton Marina. We stayed in a Tower room which was fine (what I gather the other rooms are not up to much) and the shuttle bus was neither a zoo or a shambles.

Cheers

Sctslizzy

We thought the Garden Inn being smaller would just make it quieter plus we thought dining might be a bit less expensive around the Garden Inn. Our cruise is a Thursday departure and it looks like maybe three ships depart that day. Garden Inn seems to get pretty consistent good reviews on TA

We thought the Garden Inn being smaller would just make it quieter plus we thought dining might be a bit less expensive around the Garden Inn. Our cruise is a Thursday departure and it looks like maybe three ships depart that day. Garden Inn seems to get pretty consistent good reviews on TA

It is in a very busy area right off I95 that backs up to the train tracks and the train station. I'm a mile from the tracks off Las Olas and can hear the horns very loud and clear.

Edited by BlueHerons

+1 to the :confused::confused::confused:

The Hilton Garden Inn is in a pod of four hotels that have a single access road from the very congested intersection of Stirling Rd and Oakwood Blvd. Plus two more hotels across the street and two (soon to be three) more on the other side of I-95. On a Saturday and Sunday morning it could easily take more time to move the couple of blocks from the hotel driveway to I-95 than it would from the Hilton Marina to the Port gates. Now I'm not knocking the Garden Inn; its in a perfect location for someone just wanting a quick transfer from the airport, dinner and a night's sleep (and priced accordingly). But if you felt the port transfer from a downtown hotel on a relatively quiet side street was "chaotic and long" for your peace of mind you need to stay as close to the port as possible.

What brand is the "soon to be three" hotel you're referring to in that area?

Sounds like you have talked yourself into the Garden Inn.

The choices of spots to eat there will be very limited of course. But if you are looking for some Wendy's, Mac D's etc, I'm sure they will be around as that's a busy airport highway area.

Just know there are many nice spots in Ft l that are reasonable. Not sure that you could argue that point to us familiar with the port area/17th St. ;)

If the hotel offers a shuttle to the ship, avoid it. Take the cab directly to your ship with no added waits or stops at other terminals. And won't cost more than what the hotel charges, I'm sure.

Edited by eandj