Total Wine in Tampa

At Sea 4Ever

Walter's Crossing, 1720 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa

not too far off the path from airport to cruise terminals

near intersection of I-275 and US-92

should not add significantly to your distance (.5 miles total) but you pay wait time and you'll be on the meter rather than the flat free of $25 ....

Google Earth is your friend . . .

most ABC stores have a good wine selection .... nothing like Total Wine but good ... and TW beats on price, where ABC is good but 'usually' not as good as ..

don't forget that you can actually make your selections from Total Wine on the web site, then all you have to do is pick up the order which will be ready and waiting. Saves wait time on the taxi .... I would not want to pay a car to wait while I browsed in TW !

Hey Cap...

Did there used to be a wine store in Channelside?

Have no idea what their selection was or prices, but seem to recall someone telling me once they picked up their wine there on the way to the ship from their hotel.

I agree that Total Wine with an on line order- store pick up would be the best way to go. But push comes to shove (say OP lands in TPA before TW opens) there's always Publix. There are at least 4 between the airport and the cruise port.

there was a wine place in Channelside but I recall reading quite a while back that it was gone

there isn't much left in Channelside . . . but their website does have a list of places ... dunno how current it is.

OP specifically asked about TW, hence I have not offered all the options.

there was a wine place in Channelside but I recall reading quite a while back that it was gone

there isn't much left in Channelside . . . but their website does have a list of places ... dunno how current it is.

OP specifically asked about TW, hence I have not offered all the options.

I can verify that Wine by Design is now closed-up. It's kind of sad as there are many shops at Channelside that are now empty. :(

I can verify that Wine by Design is now closed-up. It's kind of sad as there are many shops at Channelside that are now empty. :(

Yea, I met some folks there for dinner a couple of years ago and it was pretty much a ghost town by sun down ... and looking at the places there now I only recog' two .. SPLITSVILLE ... the bowling alley, and I think the Greek place is the same. We ate at a TAPAS place that appears to be gone

I dunno who missed the mark in their MBA class in running this place but I think they got slam dunked by Tampa Riverwalk . . . Good idea, poor implementation. Physically it looks like Cocowalk in 'the Grove' of Miami ... that one THRIVES.....

Is there anywhere in TPA (the airport itself) or the airport Marriot to buy wine?

No unfortunately there is not.

Stopping in route to the port would be your best bet.... or just bubble wrapping a bottle or two , putting it in a 2.5 gal zippy bag and putting it in your checked luggage. When I lived in Indy and flew-in for cruises, this is what I did.

Sorry that there is not a more convenient choice. :(