Ultimate Drink Package Limitations?

kpee

Getting ready to book our drink packages for Oasis' 4/4 sailing. I've been told different things by different RC reps. The one I spoke with today was great and explained that with the Ultimate package there are really no limitations.....ALL alcohol, Starbucks (as long as it's not from the freestanding store), smoothies and juices from vitality spa - truly anything you can imagine minus Johnny Rocket's shakes. Can anyone confirm?

Getting ready to book our drink packages for Oasis' 4/4 sailing. I've been told different things by different RC reps. The one I spoke with today was great and explained that with the Ultimate package there are really no limitations.....ALL alcohol, Starbucks (as long as it's not from the freestanding store), smoothies and juices from vitality spa - truly anything you can imagine minus Johnny Rocket's shakes. Can anyone confirm?

A little misleading.

There is no difference in alcoholic drinks between the Premium and Ultimate packages. Same $12 limit on cocktails and glasses of wine.

A little misleading.

There is no difference in alcoholic drinks between the Premium and Ultimate packages. Same $12 limit on cocktails and glasses of wine.

That's what I thought too. So I clarified with her and she said ANY alcohol (with no up charge). I used Patron as an example (my DH's favorite) and she said he could have that anywhere at anytime - no $12 limit. I'm really on the fence between the Ultimate and the Premium, but for us, if what the rep is saying is true, it's worth the extra $$. I'd hate to get on board and be told differently.

That's what I thought too. So I clarified with her and she said ANY alcohol (with no up charge). I used Patron as an example (my DH's favorite) and she said he could have that anywhere at anytime - no $12 limit. I'm really on the fence between the Ultimate and the Premium, but for us, if what the rep is saying is true, it's worth the extra $$. I'd hate to get on board and be told differently.

Here is the description. It says "A combination of all the benefits from Premium and Royal Replenish packages".

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Here is the description. It says "A combination of all the benefits from Premium and Royal Replenish packages".

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I see exactly what you are saying. That's why I'm trying to clarify why the RC rep would be very clear and tell me something different. The price she is quoting for Ultimate is 65/day. That's different than what your link shows. Maybe that's the difference? I'm not sure what to do!

Edited by kpee

I see exactly what you are saying. That's why I'm trying to clarify why the RC rep would be very clear and tell me something different. The price she is quoting for Ultimate is 65/day. That's different than what your link shows. Maybe that's the difference? I'm not sure what to do!

The price is $55 plus 18% = $64.90.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for the reps give out incorrect info. Why don't you call them back and ask them to put in writing that you can get any alcoholic drink with the Ultimate package?

The price is $55 plus 18% = $64.90.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for the reps give out incorrect info. Why don't you call them back and ask them to put in writing that you can get any alcoholic drink with the Ultimate package?

Good idea Bob! Thank you! I think I will do that. It just bothers me that she insisted that it was included when I inquired - OVER and OVER again! :mad:

So I guess the smoothies in Vitality Spa aren't included either?!

Good idea Bob! Thank you! I think I will do that. It just bothers me that she insisted that it was included when I inquired - OVER and OVER again! :mad:

I'm pretty sure that some folks have reported getting drinks in the Vitality Cafe with the package, but I don't remember the details.

Margaritas made with Patron are (or were until recently) under the $12 limit. If your drink is over the $12 limit you just pay the difference.

We just had the Ultimate package on Allure in January. We had to pay the difference ( over $12 dollars) on two drinks. A glass of wine in Giovanni's that was $24/glass and warm Sake at Izumi that was something like $55. Every other drink we ordered was covered with no problems. My husband even ordered doubles most of the time. We would have had the exact same results if we had purchased the Premium package.

If you like fresh squeezed OJ over the concentrate and lattes and cappuccinos over the regular coffee they serve then get the Zultinate package. If you don't need the fresh squeezed oj and specialty coffees then get the Premium package.

We just had the Ultimate package on Allure in January. We had to pay the difference ( over $12 dollars) on two drinks. A glass of wine in Giovanni's that was $24/glass and warm Sake at Izumi that was something like $55. Every other drink we ordered was covered with no problems. My husband even ordered doubles most of the time. We would have had the exact same results if we had purchased the Premium package.

If you like fresh squeezed OJ over the concentrate and lattes and cappuccinos over the regular coffee they serve then get the Zultinate package. If you don't need the fresh squeezed oj and specialty coffees then get the Premium package.

Thank you. Good information. I wish the RC reps knew exactly what the drink packages are. Sooo misleading!

Just got off the phone with RC for the zillionth time. Tonights rep has a different story - one much similar to what was explained before. Looks like I got a couple of bad reps giving out misinformation. My new BFF, Brady informed me that premium is exactly ultimate minus the replenish extras added - all liquor is the same. The package includes all gratuities.

So, does the drink package price include all gratuities? I realize I can and will tip extra for exceptional service.

You pay the gratuity on the drink package at the time you purchase it. You are not charged any additional tips when you order drinks.

My 7 day Ultimate package I just purchased was $454.20 after gratuities. I went with the Ultimate because of the specialty coffees PLUS the unlimited bottled waters which I plan on stocking up on for port days. I know the water is safe on the ship I just don't care for the taste so I'll have these in the room for taking meds., etc. I believe a bottled water is $2 each so I'll easily make up the $6 per day difference just with those. The fresh squeezed juices may be nice but I'm a coffee drinker with breakfast.

Edited by sailor05

My 7 day Ultimate package I just purchased was $454.20 after gratuities. I went with the Ultimate because of the specialty coffees PLUS the unlimited bottled waters which I plan on stocking up on for port days. I know the water is safe on the ship I just don't care for the taste so I'll have these in the room for taking meds., etc. I believe a bottled water is $2 each so I'll easily make up the $6 per day difference just with those. The fresh squeezed juices may be nice but I'm a coffee drinker with breakfast.

I thought the Premium package also came with bottled water?

I stand corrected. It sure does come with the premium package. So then the only real difference is the coffees and juices. I honestly don't even know what sparkling water is [emoji12]

Edited by sailor05

[...] warm Sake at Izumi that was something like $55. Every other drink we ordered was covered with no problems.

FYI: any sake that needs to be heated is sub par crap that the Japanese export because they won't drink it. we got a VERY thorough lesson at a command picnic by the JMSDF equivalent to our CO one Spring afternoon.

Hi. I might be able to help. My DH buys the ultimate package and I find the premium works for me.

My DH is a big specialty coffee consumer. The ultimate allows him coffee free of charge at the on board coffee shops. He also can use it in the MDR during breakfast and sometimes he uses it after dinner while we wait for dessert. He is also allowed bottled water, they are regular 16 oz bottles, but we stock up on them and put them on the nightstand for in the middle of the night or for when we leave the ship.

As far as alcohol is concerned, the premium and ultimate are the same. Many of the drinks are made from top shelf liquors. If you prefer one brand to another, that's ok too. If you go above the allowed dollar amount than expect to pay the difference. It could be a quarter extra or a couple dollars or higher. (I enjoy the tropical sunset drink served fresh in a pineapple hull. But it costs a little bit more, but hey! We are not driving and are on vacation!)

I have not had any smoothies at vitality, but I have used my package for smoothies from the pool side bar. So smoothies are available, just not sure if vitality is included. Hope this helps.

Hi. I might be able to help. My DH buys the ultimate package and I find the premium works for me.

He is also allowed bottled water, they are regular 16 oz bottles, but we stock up on them and put them on the nightstand for in the middle of the night or for when we leave the ship.

And just so we don't confuse anyone, you were allowed bottled water with your premium package, too!

FYI: any sake that needs to be heated is sub par crap that the Japanese export because they won't drink it. we got a VERY thorough lesson at a command picnic by the JMSDF equivalent to our CO one Spring afternoon.

I agree! I think it tasted like crap, but my husband enjoyed it. I'm just not sure it was worth that much money though!