Eclipse Review 2/15 to 3/1/15

Big Chief

Just off the Eclipse (3/1/15). Has an excellent 14 day cruise. Embarkation was smooth and Disembarkation (at 0800) was a breeze,(so much better than last year in FLL, 2 Hrs!) The ship was spotless, the service first rate, food was good (not great), entertainment was enjoyable (the cast "Broadway" review was very well done), the weather was terrific, the drink package worked very well. All in all a good cruise.

Only one observation; I did observe jeans and tee shirts in the MDR for dinner and several persons without ties or jackets on formal nights (mindful that it is only a suggestion).

On the same cruise but not the original poster. We found the dining room food to be just so-so. Only ate two meals there this time. The prime rib was good and another meal was OK but not so good that I can even remember what it was.

Did the same cruise in December 2014 and same thing, although we tried more meals on the December cruise. On the good side, the evening meal offerings in the Oceanview were very nice. Good variety and the selection of freshly grilled fish, beef, and pork that were very good every time I tried. Lots of veggies and the stir fry and pasta stations were great. Fish in Oceanview much better than the MDR

Booked on board for the same cruise next year but we have decided to just ignore the MDR all together unless there is a substantial menu change.