Has anyone ever tendered off Solstice with a wheelchair in Moorea or Bora Bora

dmccue

I think if you read the FAQ section on Celebrity's website they make note that in tendering ports they don't accommodate wheel chairs or scooters because of liability and not being able to accommodate them safely.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thanks miched

I have read all the FAQ & seen that but I have also read in my research on the net that some tender boats have an upper section where subject to the weather and Captains approval a person has wheeled on to the tender boat and stayed on that upper section for the journey across to the port. I also understand that it also depends on tides and the height of the dock. We understand this may be rare and I was looking for someone who may have done this to find out their experience. We did a 14 day NZ to Sydney last year and didn't even bother to try because of what we read on FAQ but this time doing 18 day Sydney to Hawaii via French Polynesia & I thought I might look into it further.

Edited by dmccue

My DH is in a wheelchair. Most of the time, if a person can negotiate stairs, and step into a tender, they will put a folded wheelchair onto a tender. Rarely will you find a roll on tender, as they use the lifeboats as tenders. Some ports will use local boats as tenders, and some are roll on, but we didn't find that to be the case in the South Pacific.

Also, there are stairs down to the tendering platform from the ship, so you can't roll on/off.

Plus the tenders in use you access from the lower level. There is an upper level but that is accessed by stairs internally.

As I recall the passage/ramp wasn't wide enough for a wheelchair either.