**LIVE from Liberty of the Seas - 3/9/15**

Hooray for cushions on the loungers! Too bad the wifi is terribly slow, but as long as you're having a great time who cares. We booked GS 1298 and 1274. Does a gold card sundeck or such exist?

Yes, there was a dedicated area for gold card holders above the Sky Bar. Quite windy up there; especially the first day, but we did use the space because it guaranteed a seat, and we never felt rushed to get up to the pool area. Loungers are padded, with terry cloth covers. And, we had wonderful bar service up there.

How much was the unlimited one device Internet package, if you don't mind me asking? We are going on the Liberty next month and my husband will need to get online for work... Thank you for the info, and I am enjoying your posts![emoji1]

I believe I paid $75 for unlimited internet for one device. I didn't sign up until day two though.

Apologize for not checking in as often. I actually ended up spending more time with my daughter and her friend than I expected. They had an absolute blast.

Unfortunately I woke up yesterday feeling very achy. Didn't sleep well at all the last night; every inch of me ached. I honestly thought it was from the very firm mattress in our stateroom (more on that later!), but once we landed at O'Hare, it dawned on me that maybe I'm actually sick. (no nausea or anything you get with noro, in fact, I have an appetite.) The first thing I did when we got home was take my temperature, and sure enough, 102. Yikes!

Still running a fever this morning, but out of bed and trying to move around a little. My daughter is driving back to college later this morning.

I haven't seen too many families with small children on this cruise, just a few. It really is literally wall to wall college kids. That said, the Concierge Lounge was like a ghost town last night. Very pleasant!

Commenting to my own post...

Found out from our concierge, Oana Popa, that there were under 100 D & D+ on board this week. I did notice one couple who were Pinnacle.

This week is going to be about the same. This is also Oana's last week on board Liberty. She'll be training for a month on Anthem prior to the inaugural launch and will be the concierge there. She was excellent.

Commenting to my own post...

Found out from our concierge, Oana Popa, that there were under 100 D & D+ on board this week. I did notice one couple who were Pinnacle.

This week is going to be about the same. This is also Oana's last week on board Liberty. She'll be training for a month on Anthem prior to the inaugural launch and will be the concierge there. She was excellent.

That's great news for us as we'll be on Anthem in May - Oana is one of the best :D

Thanks for taking us along. We will be doing a B2B on the Liberty in Sept. Really looking forward to that cruise.

I have a question about the shows. Someone on our roll call said it was recommended that you make reservations for "Saturday Night Fever". The only time I have ever made reservations for any shows was on the Oasis and the Allure. What can you or anyone else tell me about reservations on the Liberty.

I am going on the Liberty 6 May...did the online check in, and the only show available to reserve was the Ice Show...read elsewhere that Saturday Night Fever does not require a reservation...just show up at the theater a half hour early for decent seat selection...

Apologize for not checking in as often. I actually ended up spending more time with my daughter and her friend than I expected. They had an absolute blast.

Unfortunately I woke up yesterday feeling very achy. Didn't sleep well at all the last night; every inch of me ached. I honestly thought it was from the very firm mattress in our stateroom (more on that later!), but once we landed at O'Hare, it dawned on me that maybe I'm actually sick. (no nausea or anything you get with noro, in fact, I have an appetite.) The first thing I did when we got home was take my temperature, and sure enough, 102. Yikes!

Still running a fever this morning, but out of bed and trying to move around a little. My daughter is driving back to college later this morning.

Hope your feeling better real soon. Come back, and tell us more about your "Spring Break" cruise. ;)

I believe I paid $75 for unlimited internet for one device. I didn't sign up until day two though.

Thanks for the info! Hope you're feeling better! I got off a Princess cruise 2 weeks ago and have been sick with an upper respiratory infection and pink eye ever since...at least we both had fun cruises![emoji6]

Edited by ldl05

I'm going to try again from my tablet now that I'm home and my internet isn't as dicey.

We flew into Miami last Sunday, and had a private car pick us up and take us to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton on Ft. Lauderdale beach. It was absolutely lovely, and even better, I got our rooms for free using my Chase Sapphire Preferred points.

37d6f4a209d65998c31a10bd201a0d92.jpg

My daughter and her bestie...enjoying a Mojito poolside

a0a0fc64b3b64d55e95b42af977567c8.jpg

We took a cab from the hotel at 11am, and got checked in pretty quickly. There was nobody in the suite/top tier lines. The other line was very long, but it seemed to be moving a long. I was told they were training that day.

We were in 1252, GS forward on the starboard side. It was a great room, except for those extremley firm beds that I found uncomfortable.

5e8449e0ff8b1030d2059cb7299845e6.jpg

3bfaa06bf7fa1be163f5544fbd5c46d4.jpg

9a2599ae5a58f40141c2ac28a9928459.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time here...

28515ee5a1804dc5cf36b89804d782c9.jpg

My favorite afternoon snack from the Promenade Cafe' -- a Mufaletta sandwich and two oatmeal cookies. Actually the coconut rangers are my favorite, but none were available this day.

0f0f426c300696d53b6cdb4e1f5faa4a.jpg

They had a couple of sattelite bar stations set up around the main pool selling beer and DOD's.

30e43720767215e382ffa0b01f71bc2c.jpg

Our first port of call was Labadee. It was my first time as a suite guest at Labadee, and it was as wonderful as I imagined. I reserved an over-the-water cabana (#6) by emailing the concierge about a month before we sailed. Here are some pictures of our cabana and Barefoot Beach. I don't have any other pictures of Labadee, because we never left the Barefoot Beach area.

d75def3b817b7cf6b0db1149dd462c02.jpg

8cebf458b516c4c98bca91503b81fe90.jpg

Edited by jules815

Thanks for the info! Hope you're feeling better! I got off a Princess cruise 2 weeks ago and have been sick with an upper respiratory infection and pink eye ever since...at least we both had fun cruises![emoji6]

Oh no! This is high-fever, achy and dry cough. Fever is up again, but it's that time of the day. Starting to worry about work tomorrow.

Does it seem the engine stuff is fixed? Had you clocked at 16k seems a tad slow?

Have you been making your ports?

Happy cruising! Can't wait to be on at the end of the month.

We made all of our ports on time. I was disappointed that they didn't have the channel available showing what our cruising speed was, winds, etc.

Our next port of call was Ocho Rios. I sent the kids on a Reggae River Tubing excursion through RC, and I stayed on the ship. Let the buyer beware. Their 4 hour excursion was 45 minutes of river tubing, followed by stops at markets with high pressure sales. At the second stop, everyone on the bus refused to stand up, and requested to be taken back to the ship.

Ocho Rios..

c23f93da72bfcc39b004cb33748efdd2.jpg

And these are all the spring breakers lined up to get back on board. I thought we might have some pier runners that day, but we didn't.

773c9920b6fd71c67eb6b69703bd5b8e.jpg

I am going on the Liberty 6 May...did the online check in, and the only show available to reserve was the Ice Show...read elsewhere that Saturday Night Fever does not require a reservation...just show up at the theater a half hour early for decent seat selection...

Just off Liberty yesterday, it took us over an hour to get on board and that was with online check in. It was probably do to the ship completely booked. Had a great time, even with the spring breakers. The college students were very polite, we had a group of 10 next to us at dinner and a couple if them came to our table to wish me a happy birthday, my sister ordered a cake and the waiters came over and sang. They asked to sit with us, we learned they were all ROTC (army). Anytime we saw them around the ship they would stop and say hello.

Getting to the shows. The ice skating show was really good, so was Saturday Night Fever, just get there a half hour before, the show was packed. This our first RC cruise and we really enjoyed it.

Any questions I will try to answer them

Joann

• 4 weeks later...
Just off Liberty yesterday, it took us over an hour to get on board and that was with online check in. It was probably do to the ship completely booked. Had a great time, even with the spring breakers. The college students were very polite, we had a group of 10 next to us at dinner and a couple if them came to our table to wish me a happy birthday, my sister ordered a cake and the waiters came over and sang. They asked to sit with us, we learned they were all ROTC (army). Anytime we saw them around the ship they would stop and say hello.

Getting to the shows. The ice skating show was really good, so was Saturday Night Fever, just get there a half hour before, the show was packed. This our first RC cruise and we really enjoyed it.

Any questions I will try to answer them

Joann

Joann - glad you enjoyed Liberty!! Sailing on her to Bermuda end of May. Did you do my time dining or traditional? If my time did you make reservations in advance? Were there long waits around the 7PM slot?

Did you see In the Air - read it's pretty good too.

How about dining at Portofino - thinking about that over Chops. Nice looking menu.

Appreciate any info - many thanks!