NEW Suite Upgrades....

So the star suites gained a lot more perks but when you look at the cost of those suites for what you get probably costing you more $ out of pocket for the cruise the sky perks (GS) and similar remained about the same and there again the prices have gone way up so your not really gaining anything with just the free internet added and JS's got a little tease. I'm Not impressed at all.

Luggage arrived in Cleveland.

We will get it tonight by 1am.

Or tomorrow by 8 am

Luggage valet is the best.

The airlines lost the bag in Chicago not the luggage valet

It was so nice to meet you BILL

Enjoy all your future travels.

Sue

Likewise, Sue. Hope that the next time our paths cross we will be able to find more time to talk.:)

I'm disappointed. I've been waiting months for this announcement, only to find out it looks like Royal suite class will only be on the two newest classes of ships. Even if they rolled it out to the others I would get internet as my wonderful new perk in my OS?:confused: Pretty sad if that's the best they can do after the promises they made earlier this year.

Maybe I should drop back down to a GS and save my pennies!:D

Edited by Cindy

I'm disappointed. I've been waiting months for this announcement, only to find out it looks like Royal suite class will only be on the two newest classes of ships. Even if they rolled it out to the others I would get internet as my wonderful new perk in my OS?:confused: Pretty sad if that's the best they can do after the promises they made earlier this year.

Personally, I'm not disappointed as I wasn't planing on getting a suite on my next two cruises and I wasn't really paying attention, but the way they described it during the announcements made it sound way more substantial than what is actually going to be rolled out. They were basically describing the Star Class, (which will really have some nice perks) but unfortunately majority of suites aren't in that category.

At the bottom of the first page in the middle section there is a asterisk (*) with language afterwards that gives information on the suites being for sale after September 1st??, but I cant make out the balance of the statement. If you can read it on the original will you please post.

What they have created here is perfect for upsell offers.

They will be able to say to a GS or OS booked passenger, pay $700 per person and receive the upgraded suite, dine in Specialty restaurants at a $150 value, gratuities included at $98+ value, get the ultimate beverage package at a $385 value and laundry valued at $75+ and the other added perks.

They will be able to say to a JS passenger, upgrade to a GS for $500 per person and get the upgraded suite, entrance nightly to the suite lounge and breakfast and lunch at CK maybe a perceived $350 value, internet at $140, entrance to the Thermal Suite at $149 along with VIP seating at the shows and access to the suite sun deck.

This will make for easier upsell decisions to sell any remaining suites.

I'm already looking at a cost of $3500-$3700pp for an Allure GS in July. I will not "fall" for an upsell when the cost is already high enough. The OBC is $615+ depending on sailing. If Royal continues to throw in the $200 OBC then that will cover the all "perks" I choose! A lot of those included are nice, but many aren't "must haves." I will bet that elusive upgrade fairy probably won't come into play anymore too.

So the star suites gained a lot more perks but when you look at the cost of those suites for what you get probably costing you more $ out of pocket for the cruise the sky perks (GS) and similar remained about the same and there again the prices have gone way up so your not really gaining anything with just the free internet added and JS's got a little tease. I'm Not impressed at all.

AGREED!

Edited by sauvichick

You right the star perks aren't worth the cost I'll stick with the GS I think it's the best value for what your getting especially after seeing the prices a year or so out.

At the bottom of the first page in the middle section there is a asterisk (*) with language afterwards that gives information on the suites being for sale after September 1st??, but I cant make out the balance of the statement. If you can read it on the original will you please post.

It is just general text about the Royal Suite Class being available for sale following the 8th of September, for sailings starting in May 2016. Maximum Stateroom occupancy within category may vary. Benefits may vary by ship and are subject to change at any time. Additional program terms apply. RS class developed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class.

ry%3D400

Edited by MADflyer

Interesting, I wonder how that will filter down to the lesser suites

Don't forget the disclaimer ...

Suite program benefits, amenities, and services vary by suite category, ship, and itinerary, and are subject to change at any time without notice.

I'm already looking at a cost of $3500-$3700pp for an Allure GS in July. I will not "fall" for an upsell when the cost is already high enough. The OBC is $615+ depending on sailing. If Royal continues to throw in the $200 OBC then that will cover the all "perks" I choose! A lot of those included are nice, but many aren't "must haves." I will bet that elusive upgrade fairy probably won't come into play anymore too.

]

I got a much better deal than that on a Harmony GS in June 2016 and I am very happy with the perks.

While I doubt they will have a higher category suite in Star to offer me, I would certainly consider the perks of Ultimate beverage, gratuities included, complementary specialty dining and free mini-bar and laundry if the price was right. I most likely would have never paid for an upsell just to get a little bigger suite than the GS I already have.

You right the star perks aren't worth the cost I'll stick with the GS I think it's the best value for what your getting especially after seeing the prices a year or so out.

I myself like it, only as we have always paid the higher costs for the SLS, RS and RLS (Star Class) and received no extra perks. We did pay the funds for the cabin we wanted to be in so I am not complaining. These new added perks are great for us. Of course we are paying for them, but it makes you "feel" like there is value added.;) We have also stayed in an OS (Sky Class) and a JS (Sea Class) and think the perks for those cabins have improved from our experiences.

I think the key will be knowning what these cabins cost today VS what they will be charging in the future. If you are able to baseline the "added value" you will know the true perk of sailing in a specific suite.

I myself like it, only as we have always paid the higher costs for the SLS, RS and RLS (Star Class) and received no extra perks. We did pay the funds for the cabin we wanted to be in so I am not complaining. These new added perks are great for us. Of course we are paying for them, but it makes you "feel" like there is value added.;) We have also stayed in an OS (Sky Class) and a JS (Sea Class) and think the perks for those cabins have improved from our experiences.

I think the key will be knowning what these cabins cost today VS what they will be charging in the future. If you are able to baseline the "added value" you will know the true perk of sailing in a specific suite.

The prices for those are already going up just wait till may 2017 when the new bookings come out guaranteed someone will be paying for those few extra perks. What if I don't drink or use the Internet that's $1000 + I'm losing out on. Or is that all adjusted when you book?

There is nothing to stop them from having promotions in the future to help move suite inventory, like what NCL is doing right now.

They could potentially have a 'book a Sky suite category, get 5 Star suite perks' offer.

Then the Sky passenger could get the Star experience with an Ultimate Beverage Package, Comp Specialty dining, Gratuities included, Laundry and mini-bar, while staying in a Sky level suite.

This would allow the Sky passenger to gain added value as an incentive to book during a promotional period.

It is just general text about the Royal Suite Class being available for sale following the 8th of September, for sailings starting in May 2016. Maximum Stateroom occupancy within category may vary. Benefits may vary by ship and are subject to change at any time. Additional program terms apply. RS class developed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class.

ry%3D400

I hope this September date doesn't mean that they will not honour the program for suites booked prior to September 8th.:confused: If that is the case any of these suites that are prebooked will miss out, but for some reason I really hope and think I am wrong.

I hope this September date doesn't mean that they will not honour the program for suites booked prior to September 8th.:confused: If that is the case any of these suites that are prebooked will miss out, but for some reason I really hope and think I am wrong.

That's the way I read it too if you booked before sept 8 you won't get the added perks.

While it is certainly something that has me nervous, don't you think it would be extremely difficult to find a way to separate amenities after they have fully instituted the program? I think it would probably end up being extremely bad PR and would tarnish the rollout of this new program and ultimate do more harm than just grandfathering in those few that booked these high end suites early.

I don't begrudge the extra perks going to those top suites at all. I just think it's too bad that only the passengers sailing the six newest ships get the improved suite experience, while the suite passengers on the 19 other ships in the fleet are left feeling like red headed step children. Perhaps I need to improve my listening skills...earlier this year I understood Mr. Bayley to say they were improving suite benefits for the cruise line, not just a segment of the cruise line.:(

Sorry, I guess I'm a little deflated tonight. I always sail in at least a GS, and honestly with the exception of the Oasis, the experience recently has been lacking. We were really disappointed that Serenade didn't even offer suite breakfast in a specialty restaurant, something that now seems pretty standard across the industry with the exception of Carnival. I was counting on an improved amenities package for suites on all the ships, not just the "chosen" ones.

The thing I was most hoping for was some kind of dining for suites -- if not CK, then a specialty restaurant credit. We love Celebrity without a suite because we're big fans of BLU, and we thought CK on the Oasis improved our cruise experience immensely.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I've waited a long time to find out about the new suite program, and I'm not at all pleased to find out it's only for a few ships.:(

The prices for those are already going up just wait till may 2017 when the new bookings come out guaranteed someone will be paying for those few extra perks. What if I don't drink or use the Internet that's $1000 + I'm losing out on. Or is that all adjusted when you book?

Very good questions. Typically cruise fair prices only go up as time passes. We almost always book 1.5 to 2 years in advance, and that price is almost always the cheapest, except for the odd sale that actually saves you money. Yes, it is rare that RC has a sale like that. ;)

Right now I have cruises booked into March of 2017 (Harmony SLS b2b) which will get the new perks. For our March 2016 Allure SLS b2b we will not be getting the perks. I have always stated that I am just happy to be at sea.

As always, I will be watching the prices when the May 2017 cruises open for booking and see where the price point falls into place. If I find it unreasonable I will book a lower class cabin. At a certain price it is better to stay in a lower cabin and pay for the "perks" and save the cash. We all know that the perks come at great cost, we just need to find our own comfort level when booking.

I think it is RCI treading very cautiously with an introduction of new perks.

When looking at the suite perks, there are very few of them that would not be offered, even if they did have that restriction.

The only 'debatable' extra perk for JS is the dinner in the Suite restaurant. They will most likely offer that to everyone no matter when they booked.

At the Sky level the only perks that might be restricted would be the free Voom internet and the entrance to the Thermal Suite. I can not see them doing that either.

So, with the Star perks you do have some risk zones and that would be the Ultimate Beverage Package, the inclusive gratuities, the complementary specialty dining along with the complementary laundry services. Here, they may have to do a booking by booking review, but I bet they will end up just including them.

It will be interesting to see what they announce prior to September 8th.

While it is certainly something that has me nervous, don't you think it would be extremely difficult to find a way to separate amenities after they have fully instituted the program? I think it would probably end up being extremely bad PR and would tarnish the rollout of this new program and ultimate do more harm than just grandfathering in those few that booked these high end suites early.

I can't see them giving away all that free stuff especially to people that booked Over a year ago before they even knew what the program or cost was going to be. They would lose a lot of money giving away all those drink and Internet packages and specialty dinners.

That's the way I read it too if you booked before sept 8 you won't get the added perks.

I think Bdchili is right. If they have brought on extra staff to take on these duties, and only a small fraction of guests are eligible they would just be standing around waiting for something to do. For those who are first time cruisers they would be quite unhappy to discover that others onboard in the same class or less are getting more advantages because they booked after September 8th. Heck long time cruisers would be unhappy too.

I just think it's too bad that only the passengers sailing the six newest ships get the improved suite experience, while the suite passengers on the 19 other ships in the fleet are left feeling like red headed step children. ......

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I've waited a long time to find out about the new suite program, and I'm not at all pleased to find out it's only for a few ships.:(

The fine print of this offer does state "Royal Suite Class programing designed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class ships"

That seems to indicate that they have decided not to convert the Concierge lounges on the other ships to Suite Lounges and will not be adding Suite Restaurants to the remaining fleet.

That does not exclude them from adjusting their current "Suite Life - enhanced program for suite guests" on other ships. While they needed to get the Royal Suite Class established as they have both Harmony and Ovation coming, they are not as pressed with time restraints to introduce the program on the other ships in the fleet.