NEW Suite Upgrades....

This is just my opinion as I know no more than anyone else. I am thinking the current Pinnacle members with less than 1400 days will have the Sky benefits and the ones with 1400 or more would have the Star benefits. That would seem fair. The Sky benefits are ones that they are currently getting basically. If you have 1400 days or more than free drinks and gratuities and some other nicer perks seem fair.

I agree with you about the Skye Benefits, with a few exceptions like in-suite dining and mattresses. :D

However, IMHO, unless C&A establishes a new level for those with 1400+ points, all PC Members should receive the same benefits just as they are now. There has to be some type of differentiation between what those that book the high end suites get and what PC members get. It would not be fair for a PC Member to get what somebody is getting in the highest priced suite if they themselves were not booked in that category.

Edited by cruisenfever

What if i have 4 people in my suite that dont drink or use the internet while cruising and the guests next door have 4 people in their suite that are drinking and using the internet.I would be losing approx $2000 for not using those perks plus paying the jacked up prices to cover Royals new "luxury" program.Just a thought i had because a lot of people i see on here dont drink.

I rarely have a "drink", but I will consume bottled water (still and sparkling), pop (fountain or canned), frozen virgin drinks, coffees, and orange juice. Even though I will have a couple with booze there is still the chance to use the drink perk, just not to its full potential. As for internet, you could always go to CC while you are on the ship. :D

If you find that you aren't getting the value and return then the new suite perk program might not be for you. This might be the time that another line gets your business for their value added for suite crusing or you might choose a different cabin category.

There is nothing to stop them from having promotions in the future to help move suite inventory, like what NCL is doing right now.

They could potentially have a 'book a Sky suite category, get 5 Star suite perks' offer.

Then the Sky passenger could get the Star experience with an Ultimate Beverage Package, Comp Specialty dining, Gratuities included, Laundry and mini-bar, while staying in a Sky level suite.

This would allow the Sky passenger to gain added value as an incentive to book during a promotional period.

I personally would love a promo like this. I don't need anything above a GS and if they could somehow add in some Star Perks, that would be amazing.

The fine print of this offer does state "Royal Suite Class programing designed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class ships"

That seems to indicate that they have decided not to convert the Concierge lounges on the other ships to Suite Lounges and will not be adding Suite Restaurants to the remaining fleet.

That does not exclude them from adjusting their current "Suite Life - enhanced program for suite guests" on other ships. While they needed to get the Royal Suite Class established as they have both Harmony and Ovation coming, they are not as pressed with time restraints to introduce the program on the other ships in the fleet.

But I wonder if they will convert the CL's on Quantum Class to a Suite Lounge?

Anyone notice the fact that the luggage valet service is not listed? Will that be dropped so that its no longer a Suite Perk for your bags to be taken directly to the airport at certian disembark ports?

Hopefully they just forgot to list it.

I rarely have a "drink", but I will consume bottled water (still and sparkling), pop (fountain or canned), frozen virgin drinks, coffees, and orange juice. Even though I will have a couple with booze there is still the chance to use the drink perk, just not to its full potential. As for internet, you could always go to CC while you are on the ship. :D

If you find that you aren't getting the value and return then the new suite perk program might not be for you. This might be the time that another line gets your business for their value added for suite crusing or you might choose a different cabin category.

But if someone is loyal to royal and loves that suite category why should they pay for someone else's perks?Some people i know just drink coffee water lemonade and tea when they cruise and they always go in a top suite.

Some of these programs need to be capacity controlled or you are just going to alienate the high end passengers again.

I agree but there would not be much to control. On Harmony, if all of the star class suites were booked at the maximum number of occupants allowed, this would only amount to 76 people. This is a relatively small number of people who could receive these bundled benefits and they would be paying a fortune (well, at least the first 2 guests would). Maybe Royal is leaving some wiggle room to extend some of the benefits to Pinnacles or for .... ?

I personally would love a promo like this. I don't need anything above a GS and if they could somehow add in some Star Perks, that would be amazing.

But I wonder if they will convert the CL's on Quantum Class to a Suite Lounge?

The great thing about incentive programs is that they do not pull down their average rate, which looks better for investors.

What they are trying to do here is to add enough value so that they do not need to reduce cruise fares. I think they have gained great incentive here for upsells from Sea to Sky and from Sky to Star as the value is really there for the upgrade now.

I would personally think that the Concierge lounges on Quantum Class will become Suite Lounges from May of 2016.

But if someone is loyal to royal and loves that suite category why should they pay for someone else's perks?Some people i know just drink coffee water lemonade and tea when they cruise and they always go in a top suite.

If you don't want to fund another's enjoyment don't "fund" this new suite program. You need to decide yourself, as will every other suite cruiser, to what they are comforatable in paying in. Remain loyal or not is an individual's choice. As for the "new program" it is RC decision on how to run it. One thing for certain is they won't discount an individuals fare if they didn't use the perks.

I don't care what type of towels, matress, or how many drinks others have that I have funded. I am going to enjoy what my cabin fare has provided me, to the level that I am comfortable with. Whatever that costs is my decision, just as others have to decide.

I think as some people change loyalty to Royal there will be others willing to fill the cabins. I have heard on numerous occasions from NCL cruisers that the the Oasis class doesn't hold a candle to the Haven and it's perks. RC just took a big step in lessening this seperation.

I was wondering if anyone else is disappointed as I am that none of the Royal Suite Class benefits is being applied to any of there other ships. All our cruises on Royal have been in suites. I just have no desire to cruise on the Oasis and Quantum Class ships. I can say that the Royal Suite Class will not change that opinion.

I was wondering if anyone else is disappointed as I am that none of the Royal Suite Class benefits is being applied to any of there other ships. All our cruises on Royal have been in suites. I just have no desire to cruise on the Oasis and Quantum Class ships. I can say that the Royal Suite Class will not change that opinion.

I am very disappointed with this announcement. I too only sail in a GS or above on RCCL but have no desire to cruise Oasis or Quantum class. And, I don't recall their original announcement saying that suite enhancements would be limited to those ships. I have a GS booked for January 2017, but may reconsider and book an MSC Yacht Club cabin.

Regarding looking other cruise lines for suite amenities. I was looking at booking a Haven Suite on the Getaway just before NCL started changing policies and causing an uproar with their customers. After that uproar, I lost all desire to book with NCL. I did look at MSC Yacth Club. I was very impressed. They are still an option, but I still enjoy cruising on Royal. However, very disappointed on how the new suite class is being applied.

I was of the opinion that when we were looking at bookings for and after the summer of 2016 suite prices were extremely inflated, when compared to previous years suite cost.

I am very disappointed with this announcement. I too only sail in a GS or above on RCCL but have no desire to cruise Oasis or Quantum class. And, I don't recall their original announcement saying that suite enhancements would be limited to those ships. I have a GS booked for January 2017, but may reconsider and book an MSC Yacht Club cabin.

I have sailed with the MSC Yacht Club several times and really like the product. The major difference is the actual suites themselves. While MSC include many of the Star level perks, most of the suites are not as large as a RCI GS. They are well appointed functional mini-suites.

MSC is not perfect. While the mini-bar is free it is refilled just once a day. The butlers are glorified cabin attendants and also provide the service in cocktail lounge area. Only suite guests are allowed in the private pool, bar and restaurant areas. Drinks are only available at the suite lounge and bar and not anywhere on the ship. The Thermal suite is great on MSC.

While the MSC dining is very 'exclusive', I liked the ambiance of the Coastal Kitchen venue on RCI better.

Regarding looking other cruise lines for suite amenities. I was looking at booking a Haven Suite on the Getaway just before NCL started changing policies and causing an uproar with their customers. After that uproar, I lost all desire to book with NCL. I did look at MSC Yacth Club. I was very impressed. They are still an option, but I still enjoy cruising on Royal. However, very disappointed on how the new suite class is being applied.

NCL has backed off on its no restaurant food in the cabin policy.

Sorry it just doesn't make sense that the only upgrade the Sky Class tier suite guests won;t be getting is the luxury mattress.......

Look at the line above. They are the only ones who get the "Duxiana Mattress".

http://www.duxiana.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwuqauBRDhnfvnxMvKy6UBEiQAmTLQuyd6I4ycxmqSCpyaIhjRmxyDzjOnemj3RFuR-YaI1YUaAmCJ8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

For those PC Members, I called C&A today about something else and asked about the PC benefits and the new suite classifications.

I was told that PC Members will still get the same benefits that they have been getting. There is no change, still have access to CK, CL, SL, whatever. If a PC member books a suite that falls in one of the new classes on Oasis or Quantum class, then they will receive additional benefits that go along with that particular cabin category.

That's the answer I got today!!:D

If you don't want to fund another's enjoyment don't "fund" this new suite program. You need to decide yourself, as will every other suite cruiser, to what they are comforatable in paying in. Remain loyal or not is an individual's choice. As for the "new program" it is RC decision on how to run it. One thing for certain is they won't discount an individuals fare if they didn't use the perks.

I don't care what type of towels, matress, or how many drinks others have that I have funded. I am going to enjoy what my cabin fare has provided me, to the level that I am comfortable with. Whatever that costs is my decision, just as others have to decide.

I think as some people change loyalty to Royal there will be others willing to fill the cabins. I have heard on numerous occasions from NCL cruisers that the the Oasis class doesn't hold a candle to the Haven and it's perks. RC just took a big step in lessening this seperation.

Right on! RCCL is doing what it feels is necessary to compete. It can't please everyone. Decisions as to cruise line and cabin choice should be made on the value you perceive. Both the star and sky class have great cabins. For me the sky class is more appealing because a lot of the star class benefits are not my cup of tea. I don't need or even want a genie unless it is Barbara Eden.

For those PC Members, I called C&A today about something else and asked about the PC benefits and the new suite classifications.

I was told that PC Members will still get the same benefits that they have been getting. There is no change, still have access to CK, CL, SL, whatever. If a PC member books a suite that falls in one of the new classes on Oasis or Quantum class, then they will receive additional benefits that go along with that particular cabin category.

That's the answer I got today!!:D

Thanks, I guess that is essentially sky class. I was beginning to wonder if we'd have different shades of gold cards.

Don't you think Royal Suites program will gradually be implemented on ALL ships? I don't believe Royal is creating a Suite Class that will permanently only affect people in suites cruising on Oasis and Quantum class ships. Since Oasis/Quantum class ships seem to have the most suites and already have Coastal Kitchen aboard, those ships will be the easiest. The other classes of ships will require more planning and some reconfiguration in order to provide the suite dining perk. Only one announcement has been made and it tells us where and when these perks will be introduced. I think we'll have additional announcements that will communicate the steps and timelines for full implementation of it.

It reminds me of the implementation of Diamond Lounges. In the beginning, only Freedom class and Oasis class ships had them. It took a long transition period to get the dedicated DLs built and staffed on other classes of ships. Those of us who were Diamonds still had a nightly Diamond Event, but it wasn't the same doing that on Navigator or Rhapsody as going to the DL on Freedom. Finally, now, all the ships but 2 have DLs. Jewel will have one in the spring, and though Majesty probably never will get a dedicated DL, it seems that now there is a functional DL program on Majesty. I'd say that now we've pretty much reached full implementation of the DL.

We all survived those Diamond Events and now we enjoy Diamond Lounges. I think the same thing will happen with the Royal Suite Program. It'll just take some time.

Judy