NEW Suite Upgrades....

So are you saying on my Nov 2016 Anthem cruise, if I am already in a GS, I will be counted in the top group and entitled to same perks As it offers?

I think you may already have your answer a few posts up, but just to clarify, it wouldn't be the top group. If you're in a GS, that would be in the middle group (Sky), not the top group (Star), so the perks are limited.

Thanks, Debde! We cancelled our NCL because the ship was redeployed and the offer they made was pathetic. We couldn't move the cruise 9-12 months earlier, so we just let it go.

Now that I know RCI doesn't care about improving their suite perks for anyone who isn't on the newest ships, I may be back to the drawing board. I'll probably keep my Liberty booking because I haven't been on that class of ship yet and I really like the OS we booked, but I'm not sure what we'll do beyond that.

It's time for me to bow out of this thread. I'm still stunned and extremely disappointed that RCI has said they have no plans to make changes on any of their other ships. I don't have any plans to cruise on one of the chosen 6 in the near future, so I guess this thread is no longer of interest to me.

Too bad...this thread has been going for so long it had become an old friend!:D

Agree again. I'll see you on another thread for sure. Here, another line but we will chat again for sure!! ;)

I just did a quick search for the difference in pricing between a L1 Crown Loft and a Sky Loft Suite now that the new program has been announced. In the future we have 9 suites book through 04/22/2017 on Oasis Class ships.

Without exception each of our cruises has increased in price during the past 2 months. So it appears these increases took the increased benefits of each new class into account. As example, months ago we booked a L1 Crown Loft on the Harmony sailing April 22,2017. With our Diamond Plus discount and taxes and fees the price came to $4719. Today the price is $6925--+$2206.

Checking the difference between a Sky Loft Suite and a L1 Crown Loft I found the following. Prices do include our Diamond Plus discount, but do not include taxes and fees.

Sailings on the Oasis (4) for January 2017 showed an increase between $4450 to $4802 for upgrading.

Sailing on the Allure (4) for February 2017 showed an increase between $4200 to $4605 for upgrading.

Sailing on the Harmony (4) for April 2017 showed an increase from $4165 to $5205 for upgrading.

I used these cabins as an example because we have sailed in both and are not familiar with the other suites.

I cannot remember what the difference was previously between a L1 Crown Loft and a Sky Loft Suite. So maybe the pricing is line with prices before this new program was planned.

I just did a quick search for the difference in pricing between a L1 Crown Loft and a Sky Loft Suite now that the new program has been announced. In the future we have 9 suites book through 04/22/2017 on Oasis Class ships.

Without exception each of our cruises has increased in price during the past 2 months. So it appears these increases took the increased benefits of each new class into account.

I would suggest that cruises prices, at least those I book, generally seem to rise. More so for the suites which have somewhat limited availability.

I think the real test of pricing will be when the new routes are announced.

Does 'Specialty Bottled Water' mean bottled water is available throughout the cruise?

On Celebrity, in the high category suites, it's replenished at will, as in the mini bar, they even refill with your preferred brands.

On Celebrity, in the high category suites, it's replenished at will, as in the mini bar, they even refill with your preferred brands.

So do you mean if I "prefer" Poland Springs as my preferred bottled water of choice they will stock it for me?

Edited by Dlanco

So do you mean if I "prefer" Poland Springs as my preferred bottled water of choice they will stock it for me?

If it's among the brands they stock on ship. They will put Evian or San Peligrino as you prefer, or if you have no preference, whatever the standard is.

Mini fridge had Bud and Coors lite beer, I wanted BlueMoon, so they swapped it out, and left me orange slices for garnish.

If I had thousands of dollars to pay for one of these suites I sure wouldn't be spending it on RCCL or any mass cruise line. I could think of many alternative vacations. One with no buffet, no drunks at the pool, no unsupervised kids, no 300lb women in string bikinis, no bingo, no chair hogs, etc.

If I had thousands of dollars to pay for one of these suites I sure wouldn't be spending it on RCCL or any mass cruise line. I could think of many alternative vacations. One with no buffet, no drunks at the pool, no unsupervised kids, no 300lb women in string bikinis, no bingo, no chair hogs, etc.

No fun :p

No Buffet - the fantastic Coastal Kitchen for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner.

only buffet I hit is the sushi bar and very happy RCI has no Midnight Buffet.

No drunks - Thermal suite relaxation with drinks at the vitality café / usually only one pool bar has 'party' crowd.

unsupervised kids - never had that problem on RCI as there is too much for them to do. Actually more of a problem with bored kids on luxury ship or at luxury resort.

Bingo - is everywhere, just buy a machine and let it do all the work...win a higher level suite and enjoy even more perks.

Chair hogs - banned from the Suite Private Sun deck or at least much easier to 'eliminate' bad behavior.

No Buffet - the fantastic Coastal Kitchen for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner.

only buffet I hit is the sushi bar and very happy RCI has no Midnight Buffet.

No drunks - Thermal suite relaxation with drinks at the vitality café / usually only one pool bar has 'party' crowd.

unsupervised kids - never had that problem on RCI as there is too much for them to do. Actually more of a problem with bored kids on luxury ship or at luxury resort.

Bingo - is everywhere, just buy a machine and let it do all the work...win a higher level suite and enjoy even more perks.

Chair hogs - banned from the Suite Private Sun deck or at least much easier to 'eliminate' bad behavior.

Private sun deck doesn't have a pool though. I'll pass for the most part

Ok for these prices to get to minor upgrades and a butler... I can do a land vacation to Four Seasons in Society Islands or go stay all summer in Iceland, or go to Jamaica and have a butler at a resort all inclusive for a week for $3600.00 for 2. $12,000 or more per person, and many of the suites are for multi person families, so we don't qualify to even book a cabin. I for one am not happy. I think they are pricing me and a lot of others out! It is now cheaper to go to Tahiti than take a Royal cruise!

I wonder if they can sustain this, time will tell.

Without exception each of our cruises has increased in price during the past 2 months. So it appears these increases took the increased benefits of each new class into account. As example, months ago we booked a L1 Crown Loft on the Harmony sailing April 22,2017. With our Diamond Plus discount and taxes and fees the price came to $4719. Today the price is $6925--+$2206.

Checking the difference between a Sky Loft Suite and a L1 Crown Loft I found the following. Prices do include our Diamond Plus discount, but do not include taxes and fees.

Sailings on the Oasis (4) for January 2017 showed an increase between $4450 to $4802 for upgrading.

Sailing on the Allure (4) for February 2017 showed an increase between $4200 to $4605 for upgrading.

Sailing on the Harmony (4) for April 2017 showed an increase from $4165 to $5205 for upgrading.

I used these cabins as an example because we have sailed in both and are not familiar with the other suites.

I cannot remember what the difference was previously between a L1 Crown Loft and a Sky Loft Suite. So maybe the pricing is line with prices before this new program was planned.

Wow

Private sun deck doesn't have a pool though. I'll pass for the most part

Well, as Quantum and Oasis class do not have my favorite 'St. Tropez' deck where I did not need to pay to have a semi-private sun deck, I will take the Suite Sun deck as an alternative.

Well, as Quantum and Oasis class do not have my favorite 'St. Tropez' deck where I did not need to pay to have a semi-private sun deck, I will take the Suite Sun deck as an alternative.

Have you seen St Tropez on Freedom. Ghost town. Definately semi private, but creepy

1439336608670.jpg.e4eb0b8f9e5019615fc2d9d267e87c33.jpg

1439336632634.jpg.04897988df115e2ceb8b67000ff9e8e1.jpg

RFS for Allure on April 16, 2017 is $8,033 for 4 people. Seems like a bargain

Have you seen St Tropez on Freedom. Ghost town. Definately semi private, but creepy

Yes. Those do no look appealing to me. I am sure they will 'destroy' St Tropez on Liberty in the dry dock, so those days are over.

Time to just move on to the Suite Class.....

I am not thrilled with these enhancements. We have sailed in everything from GS to the Presidential suites on RC. We recently flew private to St. Thomas on a G5, stayed at the Ritz for 10 days, drank and ate like kings. Oh yeah we stayed in a club ocean front suite. This entire trip cost me less than some of the mock bookings I just did. Pretty disappointing.

Edited by CaribSailor

Is that area new since dry dock? Above the new cabins? Does look creepy.

That is what they did to an existing area. The St. Tropez decks on Liberty and Navigator where very popular when the ships were in the MED. It was a very nice intimate sun deck with a shaded area and 2 built in service bars. They often had private functions or events up there in the evenings on European sailings.