NYC post cruise bus tour?

firstcruiserDB

Our flight out of Newark doesn't leave until 5:00pm on the day we return on the Summit this summer. We are a bit interested in Celebrity's NYC bus tour. It takes us to the airport at the conclusion of the tour.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this tour. The website doesn't give much information other than listing some of the sites we would see. I'm wondering if we actually get off the bus anywhere, or is it 3 hours of sitting and looking out the window?

If anyone's actually done this tour, please let me know a little about it. I will so appreciate your help!

We did it in Oct. Having never been to NYC it was a quick sampler. We got off at the Battery? area(where you can look across to the Statue Of Liberty). Then we got off at the WTC memorial area for a little bit. The next stop was at Rockefeller Center. The biggest issue is that we didn't get to stop long enough at any of the stops. We did a drive through of the Times Square area. We also drove by quite a few of other points on interest.

We took the tour on a Sunday morning and according to the guide we were able to do and see more than they normally would on a weekday.

It beats sitting in the airport all day.

Our flight out of Newark doesn't leave until 5:00pm on the day we return on the Summit this summer. We are a bit interested in Celebrity's NYC bus tour. It takes us to the airport at the conclusion of the tour.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this tour. The website doesn't give much information other than listing some of the sites we would see. I'm wondering if we actually get off the bus anywhere, or is it 3 hours of sitting and looking out the window?

If anyone's actually done this tour, please let me know a little about it. I will so appreciate your help!

When are you looking to take the tour? I plan on posting a review on Celebrity's website after we do this tour on May 3. Your concerns about being trapped on a bus for hours on end are the same I had. I called Celebrity and was able to get more information, enough to feel comfortable booking. I was told we'd be able to walk around Greenwich Village a bit, as well as at Rockefeller Center. We were advised that we would not have time to go to the observation deck at the top of Rockefeller Center. Time-wise, this tour is advised for those with flights departing Newark from 3:30 on.

We did it in Oct. Having never been to NYC it was a quick sampler. We got off at the Battery? area(where you can look across to the Statue Of Liberty). Then we got off at the WTC memorial area for a little bit. The next stop was at Rockefeller Center. The biggest issue is that we didn't get to stop long enough at any of the stops. We did a drive through of the Times Square area. We also drove by quite a few of other points on interest.

We took the tour on a Sunday morning and according to the guide we were able to do and see more than they normally would on a weekday.

It beats sitting in the airport all day.

Like the OP, we're also looking at LONG day (post-cruise) at EWR. I don't mind having a whirl-wind bus tour of NYC -- but my concern is the security of our luggage, for the brief periods we are off the bus. Does the driver stay with the bus, and lock it -- or do you have to take your valuables with you, at the various stops? Thanks.

This is a great tour to do rather than sitting at the airport for hours.

It included a trip on the the New York Water Taxi (ferry)which went right past the Statue of Liberty and on to Battery Park. We then walked to the 9/11 Memorial where we had time to have a good look around. You bypass all the lines and go straight in. After that we walked around more of Manhattan seeing the sites and finally reboarded the coach for transport to the airport. Our Tour Guide was excellent. The driver stays with the coach the whole time so everything is secure.

I hope this helps. Have a great time.

This is a great tour to do rather than sitting at the airport for hours.

It included a trip on the the New York Water Taxi (ferry)which went right past the Statue of Liberty and on to Battery Park. We then walked to the 9/11 Memorial where we had time to have a good look around. You bypass all the lines and go straight in. After that we walked around more of Manhattan seeing the sites and finally reboarded the coach for transport to the airport. Our Tour Guide was excellent. The driver stays with the coach the whole time so everything is secure.

I hope this helps. Have a great time.

Thank you! Sounds like a great tour. :cool:

One more question (if you don't mind :o):

I know that you meet onboard for the post-cruise tour, with your carry-on bags -- but what does the ship do with your checked luggage? Is it pre-loaded on the bus with you, or do they send it straight on to the airport? Thanks again!!

Thank you! Sounds like a great tour. :cool:

One more question (if you don't mind :o):

I know that you meet onboard for the post-cruise tour, with your carry-on bags -- but what does the ship do with your checked luggage? Is it pre-loaded on the bus with you, or do they send it straight on to the airport? Thanks again!!

Our luggage was pre-loaded on the bus. The driver took the luggage off for us when we arrived at the airport. It was very well organized. We had an amazing guide who was very funny and knowledgeable. She was born and raised in Manhattan.

Like the OP, we're also looking at LONG day (post-cruise) at EWR. I don't mind having a whirl-wind bus tour of NYC -- but my concern is the security of our luggage, for the brief periods we are off the bus. Does the driver stay with the bus, and lock it -- or do you have to take your valuables with you, at the various stops? Thanks.

We took our luggage to the bus, it went in locked storage underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

From Summit, Liberty post cruise tour with airport drop.

Can anybody tell me the approx time this tour gets back to JFK?

I assume by 1.30, but need some confirmation from anybody out there who has done this. Thanks again

Hi = I had similar questions about the post-cruise excursion in Ft. Lauderdale.

I know it's 4 hours long - starting at 8:30am.

The luggage stays on the bus.

My question is: Do you walk off with your luggage or as someone stated here - it goes out at night and it's put on the bus - that would be great! Because I wondered if there were any stairs involved with all my luggage.

Thanks - I think I'll post this question myself since it's a different airport.

Good luck - it sounds like a better option than spending the day at the airport - not a nice end to your vacation.

From Summit, Liberty post cruise tour with airport drop.

Can anybody tell me the approx time this tour gets back to JFK?

I assume by 1.30, but need some confirmation from anybody out there who has done this. Thanks again

I honestly don't remember what time we got to the airport, but we had a 4pm flight, and was there at least a couple of hours before our flight. Maybe longer.